• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Opinion's

Chevyride619

May 9, 2012
I have my Magnum S-380 in my 18 wheeler with a monkey made but i'm changing it to Predator 10k but I wanna know can I run a bigggg amp and what would you guys run for power??. I wanna get out there. Thanks

Sent from iPhone 4s
Tapatalk

Since you have a non-SSB radio I would go with a 4 or 6 pill in Davemade, X-Force, or Fatboy. You must be able to feed the amp 150 amps of power and make sure your install is done right. There are many many details that will need to be worked out like proper coax, extra grounds, proper feed lines, fuses, and the alternator must be up for the job.

There's been other ppl who said to go with xforce.. Well is there any lookouts as far as installations? Is it true i got to turn down power on my radio so it wont burn the amp??

Sent from iPhone 4s
Tapatalk

As an example, here are the specs for the X-Force TnT 600 amplifier.

TNT 600hd

Transistors 4 x 2SC2879
Dimensions H 4 3/4' x L 11' x W 6 3/4'
Amp Draw (maximum) 100
Class B biasing
SSB Delay yes
Pre-amp yes
Driver Required TNT 250 (optional)
Power Output (RMS) 300 Watts
Power Output (PEP) 625 Watts
Driven Power (RMS) 400 Watts
Driven Power (PEP) 1000 Watts
install recommended with 4ga wire
and 125a fuse. Max input carrier of
20w or 300w max carrier from amp.
Max peak input 240w.

As you can see this amp can handle the power your radio puts out. All I would do is double check the dead key levels from your radio. I would keep the dead key input between 5-15 watts just to be safe. A local here ran an Omegaforce HP into his TnT600 and he was getting 700-750 watts from it.

You can also go with the silver case class C version of this amp from X-Force as well if you want. I would not try and run a Texs Star 500 with your radio UNLESS you run it with a 4 watt dead key and 50 watts max peak power.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.