• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

OUCH!!!!! %$$%:**&$

Captain Kilowatt

Professional Amateur
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nova Scotia,Canada
Well I am at work tonight. Taking a little break after I got the bleeding stopped. It wasn't a gusher by no means but it was enough. Man oh man does it hurt. I was using a hacksaw when.......well let's just say it slipped.......yeah that sounds right. I managed to cut my left thunb pretty good. Straight down tbru the side including straight thru the nail....thumbnail that is. I think the bone stopped it from going further. No seriously I mean it. I learned a long while ago to carry both bandaids and a few Steri-strips in my wallet. Already texted the wife who is working tonight too and asked her to bring some fresh Steri-strips home in the morning. Now please excuse me while I moan and whine in private..
2014-09-01_04-03-49_587.jpg

Damn CK....That hurts just looking at Pic!:eek:
Only way to feel better is, Soak it in Cider;)
Take care
All the Best
Gary

Cider? Ummmmm...........let me think about that........NOPE!
It feels OK right now as long as I don't bump it. I think I may have cut a few nerves off too as the edge of the thumb nearest the cut portion of the nail feels a little numb. Got a finger that feels the same way from a little incident with a hatchet when I was a kid. Oh well I'll live.

CK< You are supposed to drink the cider, hard cider until you do not feel any more pain in your thumb. I.E. soaking in it(y)

Well I am at work tonight. Taking a little break after I got the bleeding stopped. Now please excuse me while I moan and whine in private..View attachment 14134
OUCH! You need to soak that one in some good "Moon Shine" from the inside. The wife said the various woman things when I showed her the picture. EEEWWWW! was one and then several that I as a former Military would not repeat. Maybe you need to switch over to "NERF" tools?

CK< You are supposed to drink the cider, hard cider until you do not feel any more pain in your thumb. I.E. soaking in it(y)

Oh I understood that. The problem is I hate cider. :sick: I like apple juice but when it comes to cider forget it. My wife likes to make some mulled cider at Christmas times and I don't mind the smell of the mulling spices but that's as close as it gets for me. Sweet cider or hard cider and i'll pass thank you.

I did that once with a wood hand saw. Had my thumb right next to where I wanted to cut but the saw jumped out of the saw groove and landed on my thumb nail making perfect saw blade nail saw teeth that pushed done into the nail bed. It took a few days at school and a pin to pry each nail tooth out(painful).
So,CK,how long where you sawing before you realized that something was up! :O

So,CK,how long where you sawing before you realized that something was up! :O

Even though it was on the night shift I was aware of it so fast that when the blood first squirted out it never made it too the hacksaw blade. I dropped it like a hot potato and grabbed the end of my thumb as I thought it might fall off. :eek:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.