• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

paladin amp

colt45

Mar 18, 2011
Hey all! I have never had any luck with amps, I bought this used from a local cb shop and it's a paladin 300 ssb or am and it puts out 80 watt on high or low and when I turn it off my swr on the radio goes way off, like a circuit in the amp is shorted it did'nt do this till you talk on it a few min. should I throw this away sell it on ebay or try and have it repaired. I'm planning on a rci 2970n2 and when I get it I want need the amp anyway. Any takers or buyers out there? When amp is on swr is 1.1 or so.

Ill give you a micro desktop computer for it. Buyer pays shipping though.

Pm me if interested

T23

Update here,I got this amp checked out and a cold solder was bad and hooked it all up seems to work fine but reports of sounding scratchy! maybe because they were close like 4 miles. got the cobra 29 also checked out at the same time and dead key now at 2 watts and mod to 20 watts but then someone else says oh no put dead key at 4 to 5 so every bodys got their opinion. I'm gonna get ot out on the highway away from trees and houses and see how it works the SWR is high with amp on and when I run two extra ground wires away from vehicle ant mount for radials the swr goes down a bit and I'm thinking it's high power feedback... any ideas here? where's the experts here?

What kind of antenna are you using?

Also, is it possible to post a detailed pic or two of the amplifier interior?

After rasseling with a no ground problem I got a good mount on my bus style side drivers mirror and now have a quick disconnect to change from a 102 whip to a 4 foot top loaded procomm flex and they both seem to work good but when I put on the whip I can hear so much more recieve it must be the best antenna. I can put the whip on when I'm parked or broke down needing better rang or etc. The flex is supposed to be broad banded and can handle 500 watts.

... but reports of sounding scratchy! maybe because they were close ...

ya might want to read this thread http://www.worldwidedx.com/general-...te-citizens-band-radio-myth-lies-legends.html

Lets Explode a Few CB Myths

1) My transmit sounds distorted locally, but it clears up when the signal gets further out.

Unless the person you are talking to over the CB is sitting a few feet from you this is not correct. If you start with a distorted signal you end with a distorted signal. The atmosphere does not work miracles on your CB signal to clean up distorted transmit audio. Unless the receiver is within "rock throwing distance" of the transmitting antenna, if it sounds distorted locally it will sound distorted out in the distance.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.