• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PALOMAR ELITE 500 ???

nitroturbo4u

Feb 17, 2013
SOUTH EAST COAST S.C.
:whistle:Never seen one like this....It is at a estate sale....Has built in 12 volt power supply.
Has auto side band class ab1....Mint cond....
Lady wants 75.00 guarnteed to work.....What is power out on this???
Thanks all.(y)

Last edited:

Dude you need to run get that one for $ 75.00. That is a heck of a deal. Depending on the drive you put into it you should see 350 to 400 out. I would hit it with about a 2 watt dead key and let it swing. I wish I could come across a deal like that!!!! (y)(y)(y)

I bought a few of those in the 1990s when they first came out. They have a 35 amp built in power supply that you can also use to power radio and other things. Watch the back of it if your messing around because more than ones I was changing coax or moving things around and THERES NO FAN COVER OVER THE FAN ON THE BACK!! Needless to say it scares the $h!+ outta ya when your fingers hit the plastic fan blades LMAO!!

Also as mentioned makesure you watch your input drive or they will start distorting and scratching. I ran the ones I had at 10 - 12 watts and wouldnt push it past 15 watts input. The ones I had were running 4 x SD-1446 transistors but seen some of the others were running 4 x MRF-455. you will see about 350 watts on an average reading meter I never ran mine into a true active peak reading meter which isnt all that important anyways.

$75.00 is a great price if all works as it should take note that they are EXTREMELY HEAVY so watch where you set it up ;)

The later ones used 1446`s in them, the older ones MRF 455`s
I doubt it is class AB, they print that on all the Knock off Pal amps ( and Pal Elites and the Boomer 250 and 500`s.
Almost all of them are the vertical transformer style boards with auto SSB delay.

Jeff

i was looking at a craigs list add in fla and figured id search the amp here first..they are using the exact pic thats on this forum and want 325.00 for it..
i guess they could have just borrowed the pic from here:whistle:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.