• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PALOMAR LINEAR AMP QUESTION?

musicman4260

Nov 14, 2016
I HAVE A OLD PALOMAR TUBE LINEAR, LOOKS LIKE 310 MODEL WITHOUT TOGGEL SWITCHES ON FRONT, OLDER MODEL, JUST PLATE AND LOAD, AND METER. I DONT KNOW THE MODEL NUMBER OR THE 2 TUBES INSIDE MODEL NUMBERS ARE, WOULD LIKE TO BUY NEW TUBES BUT RUBBED OFF OLD TUBES INSIDE. I CAN EMAIL PIC'S OF LINEAR FRONT AND BACK AND INSIDE. NO MARKINGS ON LINEAR FOR MODEL NUMBER AT ALL, PLZ HELP.

WHAT IS THE MODEL NUMBER OF THIS PALOMAR AMP? WHAT ARE THE MODEL NUMBER OF THE 2 TUBES INSIDE? PLZ HELP ME FIND OUT THE MODEL NUMBER AND TUBES THAT ARE BEING USED? THX AND 73'S

Attachments

• palomar.jpg
    palomar.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 294
  • palomar2.jpg
    palomar2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 227
Not sure if the new Palomar Co would have any info on that amp. You could try to contact them.

That would be great if they digitized some of the old manuals since they own the name again.

Palomar Electronics
PO Box 1997
Gig Harbor WA 98335

Tel: 877-624-6869

email: info@PalomarElectronics.com

the load knob is not original,... looks to be off a TV set.

if memory serves me correctly, the 310 was a 4 tube mobile amp.

this looks a lot like a model 50............ 2 6JU6 tubes

Last edited:
Reactions: Sonar
yes you are correct, my amp is the palomar 50 with the 2 6ju6 tubes, thank you so much, my amp had no markings on it and the numbers on tubes were wore off. so I had no idea what amp and tubes were. thanks again. 73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio