• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Palomar?

TB01

Jan 27, 2011
Digging around for a microphone in closet tonight and ran across this amp I got a few years ago. Never messed with it much and it got put on the backburner. Can't even remember if I ever hooked it up and checked it out or not. Question is....is it a Palomar? Sure looks similar to the 90A model I think it is. No model # no name. Only logo on it is the funny looking F or P stamped on left hand side by the meter. It has 2 8950s and a smaller driver tube as well. Couldn't make out the driver tube model number. Maybe it's a knock off copycat Palomar? Or it's a the first Palomar prototype ever made and is worth millions! I wished.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    639.8 KB · Views: 184
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    746.5 KB · Views: 203
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    639.8 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    771.8 KB · Views: 191

It's not a 90A but it might be a 200x, possibly an early model. A prototype? Hard to say, but if it were there would probably be some markings on the inside, perhaps some engineers notes.

It's not a bad little amp but it sure looks as if it could use a cleaning! I'd dust it all off and blow out the insides with compressed air before bringing it up slowly on a variac.

Kinda what I though about markings on inside But I couldn't find any when I was looking at tubes last night. I should've snapped a few inside pics while I had top off. Yeap 200x not 90A idk why I was thinking 90a last night! Yes it needs a good cleaning and couple cans of air for sure. Have you ever saw that small stamped logo on any palomar amps? I sure haven't.

all the real palomar logo's(that I recall) were a round silver metal disc with a red circle around a red letter P

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.