• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PC-122 OFF FREQ ON SSB RX ?

in that case it is obvious now that you have something pulling the voltage down on the output line. this can burn your new clarifier up as well. have you ohmed the output line out with ground? if you have a very low resistance to ground, then you next have to find where that low resistance is on that line/trace.

you never said you replaced the clarifier, that would have been helpful to have known that earlier, but that is ok. we are still narrowing it down.

switch please crarify ( no pun intended ) exactly what voltages you have and where they are on the clarifier pot with the pot turned hard left and hard right, ( 6 voltage readings ) if we cant figure it out from that we all want sacking.

switch please crarify ( no pun intended ) exactly what voltages you have and where they are on the clarifier pot with the pot turned hard left and hard right, ( 6 voltage readings ) if we cant figure it out from that we all want sacking.

It's the same Bob , bottom pin is 7.5 middle pin no volts top pin just under 2 volts , there is no change from turning clar left to right. The only time I see any voltage in on the banded side of D24 is when the radio is keyed and that's about 2.5 volts , clar does not change this either on key up.

switch you should have the tx voltage on the banded end from the tx preset in tx,
from your description id say the clarifier control is open circuit, check the middle pin for a short to ground as richard said,
if the wiper had contact with the track in the clarifier and it was short to ground you would see a change in the other voltages as you turned the clarifier,
pull the middle wire off and measure between middle pin and the two outer pins see what resistance you have then check the wire for a short or low resistance to ground.

Theres no wires on these clars Bob , there boarded traces 10k clar pot is soldered to the board , but I think IM understanding you . I've spent a lot of time on this radio on and off for a few weeks now , I do appreciate the help , please forgive me if I don't always understand clearly or if I don't explain myself better. If anyone feels as if I wasted there time , my humble apologies.

THIS REMINDS ME OF THE 122 I HAVE THAT TRANSMITS GREAT BUT HAS NO RECIEVE SOUND AT ALL!!! No sound through speaker its a real quiet hiss you can hear only if you hold the damn thing up to your ear. There was some caps that Jim told me to look at he even took a pic of the 122 board and circled them but I never got to it and after the move the thread was lost so I missed out on the chance of getting it going unless someone copied or saved that damn pic??? Its crazy what weird stuff we see that happens to these radios at times.

What is your trip DW-Boy ? You have a total of 20 posts on this Forum , and 80% of them are nothing but criticizing smart ass comments , these mods must like you ? I only read them as you post them. Why is this ? You seem to have some knowledge of what's going on but you would rather be a good for nothing smart ass ? Go figure. What's your freaking trip dude ? Your freaking useless , and the mod's put up with it ?

Instead of critizing people , put up or shut up. If you wanted a reaction from me ? You got it. I honestly don't think IM missing anything here but it sure seems like others might be ?. If your building this and that as you claim to be ? , stop being a pompous ass and help people rather then posting around as if your shit don't stink and just being rude towards others ,because I have some serious news for you , it does . Lighten up dude.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.