• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PC68XL

Damned Good AM only CB radio !!! Will tune up or down very nicely with outstanding audio qualities.Swing Kit's tend to also work very well in them for amp purposes. I believe you can even get those radios refurbed for 57.00 dollars total shipped !! off the Uniden web site. PC-68XL

Thanks for the info! I tried a Cobra 25 in the car but it does not like the car. During TX is sounds like RF is on the audio, I geuss it needs to be grounded better, I can put it in the house and everythings fine. Been there done that I aint going to mess with it, got a 30 year old 23 channel GE 5812B in there now and it works great. Just looking for something newer.

cobra 25

I saw that you said you were having trouble with a Cobra 25, What model is it? GTL, LTD, Sound Tracker etc.
They are nice little radios and if I were you I would try grounding it better, it might solve your problem.If you have it in a Ford it might be feeding back thru your speakers
The uniden 68 is a nice little radio and you should be happy with it....

It's an LTD, and I had it grounded with a half inch wide grounding strap one foot long to the frame of the car. If it needs more than that I need a diffrent radio, it's only 5 watts! I have run a KW before.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,