• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PDL II install

caspear1978

Jan 8, 2009
Well tomorrows the big day, I went and picked up a free PDL II from a gentlemen that had no need for it any more, so tomorrow i plan on putting it up and seeing how it works out for me, only gonna run vertical on it for the time being until i can get another coax and a switch box, but even with running vertical, itll be alot better then the mobile antenna ive been using for teh past 2 weeks, looking forward to the install and looking forward to see the final results as i flip the radio on and hear locals better and hear more stations from further out, had to make a new hub for the drive elements so hopefully that doesnt effect it to much, took and cleaned everything up and paint the fiberglass rodds so the would last a couple of years, hopefully that wont effect it either, a few tubes ahd some bends in them so i got them bent fairly straight again, kinda nervous about putting it up seeing this is my first real antenna, ive had a bandit 2 but that was just a straight vertical stick, it worked pretty decent until a solder joint went bad, looking forward to talking skip once its up in the air, i figure itll be around 35 feet at the most, so well see how it works out for me,,,,thanks mark

Well good luck casper, the PDL is not the easiest antenna to construct, install, and for sure to modify, but if it is right it should perform very well.

Be aware in case you have tuning problems, this antenna is referred to as a "diversity" type dual polarity antenna. It was one of or maybe the first dual polarity antennas built for CB where both polarities used the same driven element. In that case the element you are going to use may be looking for the other feed line to the antenna as part of its tune. I can't be sure about this, but just in case you have problems in tuning.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.