• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PDL ll

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I was wondering if this wire rejection kit is worth buying or if it actually makes that big of a difference I was told that all I needed was the one end copper wire installed have any of you had any experince with this?? Or do any of you know anything about this antenna or the rejection kit. I was told its a better antenna than the superscanner and that its nice to have the option of vertical or horizontal.

The antenna, as designed, is awesome!

The rejection kit however......

RUN AWAY!!! RUN AWAY!!!

http://signalengineering.com/ultimate/hybrid.html
(scroll down the page a bit)

And if this is not enough information, the engineers at Avanti told me that if the wire rejection kits worked and they could make money by selling them, they would have.

Think about it. Those wires are not even resonant on 27MHz. They are trying to trick you into thinking they can make the PDL II into a corner reflector or equivalent. Not on MY watch!

That being said, knock yourself out if you find it easy to believe the bullshit (which often happens on CB......"I heard it on the radio so it MUST be true!) and are unwilling to listen to those who DO know......including the original engineers!

Tony, if that wire rejection idea really worked as noted then every beam antenna made would come with it as a part of the kit. Save your money and the trouble of installing.

There are just too many differences between the two antennas mentioned to compare fairly. Performance edge will probably go to the PDLII in most cases. Both can be a problem to install and maintain with the high cost edge surely going to the PDLII. If the superscanner is in very good shape and is working correctly, it can also be an effective antenna if you can get it up about 40'-50'. I would not pay current day inflated prices for either if you don't already own one or both.

Here 's a note for ya tony don't ya think if antenna manufacturer's like ( cushcraft mosley hygain ) just to name a few that spent tons of money on engineer's and designs and testing thought that this simple rejection kit actually worked don't ya think they would incorporate it into to there's ?

well thats petty much my thoughts on it also that NOBODY ELSE USES THIS kit meathed / hoax so i figured ide save myself the time and the money and most of all a future problem or headache due to something else going wrong like wires coming loose and hanging ETC thanks for all the input and Master you pretty much feel the same way as I do on this whole rejection kit thing.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.