• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pod location modulation Cobra 19 DX IV

JimmyB

Sep 4, 2016
  1. Hey all. I've looked all over the net an can't find the modulation pod location on my Cobra 19 DX IV. I know it's not a great radio but I'm just starting and don't have extra $$$. Need to increase modulation. Any help would be appreciated! I think it might be RV01

Thank you! Great to have that info. I found the pod location after posting last night. Turned up mod a bit. Not sure how much it helped. Thx again!

And what the movers drop off for you to load up your things in.:p:D:D. Sorry couldn't help it CK!
Glad you found he potentiometer. You truly need a meter with a modulation reading, or you can also use another radio and slowly turn it up until you get loud, but not to the point of being over modulated or sounding distorted or bad. Anyhow. Again, glad you found it. A power mic will also help wake that radio up. Look for a cobra HG M75 mic. Usually fling at most truck stops. They actually work pretty well. Also if you want to spend more, look I to the RF limited 2018 extreme mic. Also another good power mic that won't break the bank is the Workman superstar dm452 power mic. Again, not a bad mic for the money. They say echo mic on them, but you can turn the echo all the way down and use it as just a power mic if memory serves me correct. Hope this helps. The cobra HG M75 power mic seems to be one of the better ones of the bunch price wise anyways. With the RF Limited one being the best of the group IMO. Again, hope this helps and have a good one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.