• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Power supply's

I believe the PM3 is the old version, PM4 is the new version. I think someone said the 3 is 3 stage charger and 4 is 4 stage charger. There should be a switch on the side to switch between battery charger mode and fixed output. Checkout the reviews on Amazon, several hams are using these. eHam has a good review too.

https://www.eham.net/reviews/view-product?id=14283

Reactions: S&W357
So it was fast shipping but no email notice of shipping, it just showed up. Good thing it wasnt raining.
Definitely will have to be a little creative with these small terminals.
I have a little 2 pill ill try it out with later today or tomorrow. Been busy putting a new roof on the house this week. Still have to finish screwing it down. New siding is next.
20200502_131910.jpg
15884406579782118272196910359157.jpg

Did you order them directly from MegaWatt? I have three of them ordered at different times. I received an email each time thanking me for the order. The next day I would receive a second email showing the USPS Tracking Number.

Reactions: Tokin
This seems like a cheap deal for a 60 amp $43 canadian on amazon but probably load for fans as I notice of this type ps, I have to ebay 30 amp units and fans are loud.
61bF9qMqlQL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Reactions: Tokin
Did you order them directly from MegaWatt? I have three of them ordered at different times. I received an email each time thanking me for the order. The next day I would receive a second email showing the USPS Tracking Number.
Direct from their site. Ill have to check my spam folder.

Reactions: S&W357
This seems like a cheap deal for a 60 amp $43 canadian on amazon but probably load for fans as I notice of this type ps, I have to ebay 30 amp units and fans are loud.
61bF9qMqlQL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Fan on the megawatt is very quiet and the unit seems well filtered. I like this model better than the s-1200 I had.
This was the best I could do after filtering thru my junk pile(s)
20200502_185532.jpg

Those same red connectors came with my S-700-12 MegaWatt power supply.

I had to place the crimper one handle down on the workbench and push hard on the other handle but I got them to crimp.
Was going to say my 30/33 didn't include them. I'm stuck running 10ga for about 2' to my Palomar 4 pill (as a base setup). But think I should be good for now.

I also have two S-400-12 MegaWatt power supplies.

I zapped one of those power supplies with a 4-pill TNT amp. Got carried away talking SSB skip put TNT on high setting & turned up power slightly on AT-6666. I new better. o_O That was not enough power supply for the 4-pill.

The radio and the 4-pill were running off two different S-400-12 power supplies. Radio and Amp are OK....power supply, nope.

probably going to get a PowerMax 100 supply.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned