• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Black Pirate 5R Antenna

667 chicago mobile

Apr 16, 2005
U.S.A.

Ok Guy's. Has anyone hear of this antenna.(It's a base antenna) I pick it up at a Ham Shop for only $75.00. Still New in the box. I just set it up to see if it work's. Guess what? After I hook it up and tested with my MFJ 259-B. It read's 1.2 on 26.750 thru 27.850. With a reading of R=50 X=0 on 27.150 thru 27.485 with swr of 1.1 I had to check again to make sure what Im seeing is the real Numbers. And it is. I know that MC and Doc know alot about antenna's. So does anyone know anything about this President Black Pirate Antenna. I only bought it becouse of the price.
Thanks Guy's
Tom

Did some Googling - seems to be a well built antenna as far as standing up to some pretty strong winds. I'd double check the SWR with a few watts after actually installing it. That wide of a bandwidth usually means that something is causing power loss somewhere.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.