• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President George Export Radio

Large display
Good frequency range
Good receive
Tight front-end
Good transmit power
Good audio
Well built
Good looks
Up/down control from mic
Strong, 4 point mounting bracket

Dislikes:

Must re-enter security code if power is interrupted
Hard to find the right knob/button in the dark
Stock mic cord too short and stiff

Over-all, a real nice radio.

Rich

i have used and own a george

similar opinion to richard, for a cb they are ok

great heatsink
decent power
better constructed than most of the new surface mount cb's i have seen
nice large display
novel lighting scheme
decent sounding when aligned correctly
rodger beep ( i hate em but if i had to use one it would be the george beep its half the frequency of beeps in other radios and is much easier on the ears )

dislikes

the terrible echo
the stupid code entry if vcc is disconnected
this one has a blown cpu from an american trying to wire a turner +3 to it and shunting voltage straight into the up/dwn scan pin :roll:

Mine has a good recieve on AM/SSB but on FM my 2950DX 2995DX beats it on the finish line. The George is kind of light in the tone RX but when i use the HiCut function its more comfortable and not so noisy.

When i run a dummy load the integrated swr meter reads 1.5 at 4w and 2.0 at 15w, not to trust.

I find it to be ok for local talking and easy to use but when i try to get ahold of you over there wintertime i trust my RCI 2995 DX powered by a 40 amp external powersupply and all the essensial nobs turned clockwise :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.