• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

president grant 2

I ordered a sirio 5000 from h&y and it was shipped loose and rolling around in a taped up, smashed up long box. No padding inside the box.. Just the antenna. It was bent every which way, had some paint missing off the base from it rolling in the box.. When I received the box, it was actually flat from being crushed. pretty crappy. I sent them and email and got no response. Never shopping H&y and their ghetto operation again. Also, this was after I heard they were using long tubes to ship.

Oh-- Grant 2; great radio, have it in the mobile and no complaints at all. Solid reports all the time and am actually quite happy with the ssb receive. I put it side by side a 980 and couldn't believe I had been listening to the 980 for so long. Also during that test, it was hearing stations that the 980 had no grip on. The electrical pops -- this is what everyone's talking about. Realistically I think that the ssb receive is just super sensitive to interference. Do I hear the pops? Yea, sometimes but it's always just when I'm around power lines/at an intersection and such.. It's not all the time. All in all, great unit.

I ordered a sirio 5000 from h&y and it was shipped loose and rolling around in a taped up, smashed up long box. No padding inside the box.. Just the antenna. It was bent every which way, had some paint missing off the base from it rolling in the box.. When I received the box, it was actually flat from being crushed. pretty crappy. I sent them and email and got no response. Never shopping H&y and their ghetto operation again. Also, this was after I heard they were using long tubes to ship.

Oh-- Grant 2; great radio, have it in the mobile and no complaints at all. Solid reports all the time and am actually quite happy with the ssb receive. I put it side by side a 980 and couldn't believe I had been listening to the 980 for so long. Also during that test, it was hearing stations that the 980 had no grip on. The electrical pops -- this is what everyone's talking about. Realistically I think that the ssb receive is just super sensitive to interference. Do I hear the pops? Yea, sometimes but it's always just when I'm around power lines/at an intersection and such.. It's not all the time. All in all, great unit.

I had bought amps from H&Y but never an antenna. My amps were always boxed and packaged good and shipped fed ex. Was hoping they were shipping antennas in tube mailers. Guess not. I guess it's pick your poison in deciding between DNJ and H&Y after the story you just told. I'd pay extra to get it delivered a little more professionally which by the way should should be part of the service anyway.

Reactions: 2 people
Yep, the tube is definitely worth the extra wait I had between USPS and fed ex ground, but my antenna (the last 2 I ordered from DNJ) , came in the tube and was sent via fed ex ground. Took a little over a week to get to me, but it was packaged properly!! Hopefully H & Y has followed suit and has stopped shipping antennas in the boxes, that's how my 1st antenna came and it is definitely not the way an antenna should be sent out. JMO. God bless

Reactions: 1 person
DNJ is great. The service they provide is fantastic. I've ordered numerous things for them, all of which have arrived well packed and shipped same day. Email the guy, he's always responded to me within the hour. Most recently ordered a RM 505v and it arrived in a box, inside of a box, inside of bigger box with packing materials.
I can't speak for everyone but far as trustworthy internet cb shopping goes, DNJ is top ranks in my books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DNJ Antenna Shipping

Yep, the tube is definitely worth the extra wait I had between USPS and fed ex ground, but my antenna (the last 2 I ordered from DNJ) , came in the tube and was sent via fed ex ground. Took a little over a week to get to me, but it was packaged properly!! Hopefully H & Y has followed suit and has stopped shipping antennas in the boxes, that's how my 1st antenna came and it is definitely not the way an antenna should be sent out. JMO. God bless

Look familiar? I straightened it out a bit. Was worse when the mail carrier handed it to me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    765.5 KB · Views: 10
Look familiar? I straightened it out a bit. Was worse when the mail carrier handed it to me.

Dang, my antenna arrived unharmed, but the whip was 3" too short which was redassing, a Sirio prob not DNJ though. ThiS was the VHF/cb dual band center loaded antenna.

As stated, dude was very responsive via email.

Looks exactly like mine ILMAO AL567!!!! If I had a photo it would look exactly like that!!!!! No doubt!! Like I said it's gotten better but that's what the 1st one I got looked like. Talk about scary!! Again thanks as you made my night with that photo!!! It is exactly what mine looked like to the T. God bless

This thread is about the radio not some antenna.:beer:

You're right got off topic a bit... the radio is easy to get through the UK dealers. it looks like at least one place seems to get stuck in customs a lot. Just from reading post you can pretty much tell which one. others don't seem to have problems with customs.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.