• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President lincoln reviews?

Randy CDX492

Apr 6, 2005
Webb City Missouri
Hello, have a local here they i might be trading for one of these and would like to hear what you members think of these.

I have been reading some reviews on the web about them and would like to hear yours.

I have the Uniden HR 2510.Which they say is basically the same radio except the Lincoln as variable power a different output transistor.

I like the 2510 better than my RCI 2950,2950DX and 6900.

The receive is out standing and it deals with noise like no other in my small collection.Used the radio as a base and mobile.

I love mine. Quality is evident through and through. Excellent SSB radio, very stable, lovely quiet receiver, NB works well on man-made noises from the car. Stock mic is a little tinny sounding, an aftermarket power mic improves the radio. The freq mod is easy, the chipswitch mod is awesome if you choose to go that route.

I use an Astatic 575mb6 hand mike on it, a KL-400 mobile amp (180 pep), and a Wilson 1000. It is a DXers delight. Lot's of unsolicited reports of great audio, many think it is a high end HF radio until I tell them it's a Lincoln.

You will hear many say that it is bad on AM, because it uses low-level modulation. There are a couple of mods out there to make it really go to town on AM, like Rogerbird's mic gain mod. There is also a clip-a-diode mod that makes it swing like a banshee, but I've never tried either. I found that after wiring up the 575 mic, and turning the AMC pot up just shy of full-bore, it sounds awesome on AM. Very natural and clear modulation, not an "ass-blaster" like a clipped Galaxy, but plenty enough to get respect from AM swing-heads.

It also does very nicely on FM. I really don't have many gripes about this radio at all, the display could be a little bigger and brighter. The variable power only works for AM and FM, not SSB, and the Hi/low mic gain button is not as good as a continuously adjustable knob would be. And the "accessory" jack on the back is a bit of a pain, a regular EXT speaker jack would be nice. I find that the internal speaker is one of the worst sounding ones around, really kind of mushy. I use a little external speaker that sounds good.

The current production models use an MRF-455 for a final that doesn't even break a sweat doing the 25 watts SSB that mine does. They can be modded for quite a bit more than that, but I prefer stock power and a small amp. They can tolerate ALOT of reflected power as well.

I'd give it an 8 out of 10 overall. :LOL:

Randy CDX492 said:
Hello, have a local here they i might be trading for one of these and would like to hear what you members think of these.

I have been reading some reviews on the web about them and would like to hear yours.
Randy I had (2) 2510s and (1) 2600 also. Great radio for it's TIME!!! I had all the Mod's done also. The only draw back on the radio is the SMALL DISPALY (hard to read in sunlight). Have to do a Mod for RF Power and a Mod for AMC. And ON and ON . Oh and don't forget the Chip Switch. SAVE YOUR MONEY. Get a RCI 2950DX. You get a lot of radio for your buck and still have MONEY in your pocked. Just my 2 cent's worth after haveing 2 HR2510s and 1 2600. Bill Good Help build the RCI 2950 for Ranger. Tells you something about the radio :D

I agree with 667 Chicago Mobile.........I have had 15 Lincolns.....11 2510s and 6 2600s. I currently run 2 2950DXs, if that tells you anything

The Lincoln has excellent TX & RX.the 2 main things in a radio but is a little lacking on features.

Randy,
I run a 2600 in the PU that is chipped and a Lincoln on base for SSB only...

The 2600 is hard to handle as a mobil in my opinion, but the Lincoln is an excellent SSB base unit

I have a Chipswitched Lincoln and it has the best RX of any radio I have ever used. I really like mine alot and if its a good price Id jump on it Randy

lincoln

i have one of each 2510, 2600, lincoln,great radio perfect for a base little hard to work in a mobile but i love mine

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned