• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Prime Minista

I have looked at those FT-2000 their pretty nice and fully loaded. im thinking that the 2000 takes a bit to get used to and get the hang of?? Ive got a few Yaesu and like them all I use a FT-990 AC base radio in the family room and in the other room I have an FT-450AT I havent messed with these on AM really and know that my other yaesus are setup at 25 watt carrier maximum and the mic gain is opened just to where the needle wiggles or they sound raspy.

I use mine on SSB mostly and I runn them on 10 - 80 meters and would like to get a few guys from the forum here to get on sometime and try AM. I use RCI radios and my wifes Kenwood TS-50 for talking 11 meter skip. I know this Kenwood also needs adjustments internally to get it up to parr for AM use. Thats what is nice about my RCI Chassis radios on unidens they all work great on AM.

Your 2000 sounds great aswell so I figured it took some tinkering to get it where you wanted it or were comfortable with how it sounded on AM.

I have looked at those FT-2000 their pretty nice and fully loaded. im thinking that the 2000 takes a bit to get used to and get the hang of?? Ive got a few Yaesu and like them all I use a FT-990 AC base radio in the family room and in the other room I have an FT-450AT I havent messed with these on AM really and know that my other yaesus are setup at 25 watt carrier maximum and the mic gain is opened just to where the needle wiggles or they sound raspy.

I use mine on SSB mostly and I runn them on 10 - 80 meters and would like to get a few guys from the forum here to get on sometime and try AM. I use RCI radios and my wifes Kenwood TS-50 for talking 11 meter skip. I know this Kenwood also needs adjustments internally to get it up to parr for AM use. Thats what is nice about my RCI Chassis radios on unidens they all work great on AM.

Your 2000 sounds great aswell so I figured it took some tinkering to get it where you wanted it or were comfortable with how it sounded on AM.

It takes some time to get the sound but when you get it the radio pay ou back 10x fold..
here is a gate from today and the guy fell in love with my sound...

YouTube - ‪SoCal 2, 2011 02:30 PM‬‏

I started laughing when you quickly told the guy to go to 21 and he repeated it so everyone could hear and follow!! LMAO!! Anyways that radio of yours has some bodatious audio and I was curious what mic you were running I have a pretty good idea but which model and also was wondering if you were running a Berringer box or other accessorries?

I hear a few guys out there here and there that have that awsome audio sound and once they start explaining what they are running I often just shake my head in amazement!! LMAO!! A few of the guys were 11 meter users as well as amateur operators and man they just stick out when they keyup on 11 meter band. Your rig really sounds cool you did a great job setting it up and I know its not easy with the trial and error messing around.

Yes, Prime Minista is well known, yes he has in the past been know to build an Amp or two, not sure what band they were built for.....Ten meters I think :)
He Is also Know for building a few rather awesome Yagi Antennas, as well as running a very excellent sounding Johnson Transceiver with some superb high fidelity audio.
He is also Know for his talent in the rap music industry, one of the old school west coast rappers, has music that has reached the top of the American singles chart and has also won more than one Grammy Award.
In 1990, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) certified one of his albums platinum for selling over a million copies.
The man has had singles that have gone double platinum, although I doubt you would be interested in his style of music.
He also appeared as himself in The Simpsons episode Treehouse of Horror XVII singing a parody of one of own songs

You can sometimes hear him on 27.025 when the band is open, cleaning out the receivers of his fellow CB enthusiasts with a beautiful signal sporting some of the best sounding audio you will hear coming out of the north west corner.

Jeff

Reactions: crunchybobjones
Prime Minista

I'm not quite sure who you are talking about here - because I have not yet watched the video.

But my sources tells me that there is a person going by the handle of Prime Minista on the CB radio - who's rapper name was Sir Mix Alot.

To take it one step further - I was also told that he was a genius at building illegal 11 meters amplifiers.

THEN AGAIN - YOU CAN'T BELIEVE MOST OF WHAT YOU HEAR ON THE CHICKEN BAND.

But if you like just leave it as the man, the myth, the legend!(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.