• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Programming Software for the VX-8R

Thanks for the head's up. I just purchased it and will have a detailed review with print screens up as soon as it comes.

Thanks Moleculo! Your outstanding review of the VX-8 is part of the reason I bought this great HT. Maybe you could try to get a commission from Yaesu! ;)

I look forward to your review of the software. That will be my next purchase. The software will make programming a breeze.

ITS HERE!!!!!!

I got home today and had a little brown box from sitting on my door step! It was Christmas in May with my order from RT Systems!!!

Loaded without any issues downloaded the frequencies I had hand programmed into my 8 and uploaded another 250 for my trip without batting an eye! Great product from a great Company!

I will give a further detailed review as I get deeper into the software!

That's great news!

I would be interested in purchasing software that was pre-loaded and programmed.

Is anyone aware of a product or service that provides this?

Marc Duncan

PS Did you request your call sign?

That's great news!

I would be interested in purchasing software that was pre-loaded and programmed.

Is anyone aware of a product or service that provides this?

Marc Duncan

PS Did you request your call sign?

If I made a file that you could use, it would be filled with all of the local repeaters, police fire and rescue frequencies for my area, plus I'd have a few banks with repeaters and PFR frequencies of popular vacation spots that I frequent. This would be mostly around central California and down south into Mexico. I'd also add the FRS/GMRS/MURS frequencies plus several of shortwave and other HAM frequencies, plus some of the AIR band.

That would pretty much fill up my memory. But this is a great idea! We should all have a frequency file sharing program going on.

Does this SW support a generic text-based import? Several other programmers and it would be a rather simple task to create a conversion utility so that a simple text file could be shared between different radios and SW...

We're cooking with gas now!

Maybe we could build the data base on this forum?

Organize it by regions, zip codes and over laid with service funtion types.

We could all contribute and download the prgrams for the area of interest.

As much as I travel, that would be really cool and a huge service for emergency managers who are just barely Technician Class like myself.

I'm pipe dreaming, but imagine an 'open source style' communication world.

Marc Duncan

I think the radio reference is trying to do this for the scanner community, but their interface is too cumbersome and does not have any sort of usable output.

I think the radio reference is trying to do this for the scanner community, but their interface is too cumbersome and does not have any sort of usable output.

I've used the radio reference one for years with the Butel software and it works very well, even for multisite trunking. On a couple of rare occasions I've got a bad upload, where I had to tweak a setting or two but it works very well.

OK, well I haven't tried the paid subscription as I have not been that much into scanning, and they miss all the other services...

Well, I'll contribute my L.A. area file when I get the software. I just got an email that it's on the way :) :)

Software

I too would be glad to contribute the Louisville - Southern Indiana area file. I've ordered the software. From what I have read in the manual, this is a well written program full of features. (y)

area files

I will contribute the Washington DC region if someone lets me know where we are going to upload the files

Got my software today. It works great! RT Systems really made programing this radio easy. The only concern I have is for the radios that have had the mod done. The radio connects to the software in clone mode and I know once you remove the resistor for the mod that the clone feature no longer works. I haven't had a chance to try it on my VX-8R that has the mod done yet so I will wait and see when I get home. I however have been playing with it on my un moded radio here at work and it is put together nicely. Now if I can just figure out how to re allocate memory banks I will be all set.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.