• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"prototype" 10 Meter Amplifier

Trying to pump it up to be something it's not. Unless the FCC recently changed the rules on 10 meter amps it's still illegal to sell. Nice construction though

Reactions: 1 person
Spec sheet shows he did take his time with construction / Build. There is alot of garbage out there indeed but this thing is very nicely done although Im wondering who is actually making his boards and taking care of the assembly of the boards because those are just way to neat without being mass productuted somehow. Not that is matters but it just seems to new on a technical standpoint.

However I will say that Ide not hesitste to try one out.

Reactions: 1 person
Those harmonic figures are still not that great. 26dB down from 100 watts of carrier is still 250 milliwatts and that is quite enought to knock the crap out of your neighbors TV. By contrast the Ameritron ALS-500M is rated for 500 watts out and 60 dB attenuation above 8 MHz and a minimum of 70 dB on any TV channel. Worst case condition makes that 0.5 milliwatts of harmonic at full output of 500 watts and as little as 0.05 milliwatts on a TV channel. At least the construction looks like some thought was put into the design.

Reactions: 2 people
Looks to be well constructed and I'll join the chorus on the class C issue. This one might be a winner. Any idea who the builder is?

I'd have to look at it better on home computer rather than phone. But I believe on the left side, those little regs or whatever they are are probably for bias. I doubt its class C. Class AB or maybe B. Definitely a little more thought and layout than the regular amp. I like it for what it is.

its not class c .. he had a picture of the board on his web site but he took it down probly a good idea but what i could figure it used 2 220 devices for bias

looks like a cool design but like captian kilowatt sead though the imd is a bit better than most its still a little bit dirty but i didnt see much of a filter in it ..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.