• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Putting a stinger in side a 29 classiGc.ood or bad?

V

vnsdeacon

My 29 has a connex echo board with talk back.It also has a v-mod kit in it. A very good radio in all. I used to run a TX-250 with it,but the shop said no more boxes :x I was told that I could put a ( singer ) in it. Good,Bad or are they full of **** :?

I hate em! I had to very good techs try to get one to work in a 148 but it only worked if the cover was off of the radio. If it was on it squealed really bad,to much RF build up. Before i wasted a lot of money on that i would sale the 29 and get a Galaxy 48T and be done with it.

vnsdeacon said:
My 29 has a connex echo board with talk back.It also has a v-mod kit in it. A very good radio in all. I used to run a TX-250 with it,but the shop said no more boxes :x I was told that I could put a ( singer ) in it. Good,Bad or are they full of **** :?

Those stingers cause to many problems ,save your money. Nothing wrong with your 29 (-: I like that part of your set up. If finding a amp is a problem for you ? They still sell them on Ebay and you should watch the Froum swap shop from time to time , IM sure you will find one for as much or less then what a stinger would cost you installed . So your looking for about a 250 box ?

Yup, stay away from them, more trouble then they are worth. Did I understand you correctly, your c.b. shop said no more amplifiers or your employer? If it was your employer there are many high powered radio's out there today that work well.

freecell said:
there is a fully shielded version of this "board" available in class AB1 and class C bias types that works very well in the 29 chassis.

Where can it be purchased from? Who makes it?

Yes it was my employer. I have decided to get a new radio.Some input please. Dont know alot about them YET. I do know I don't want to be one of those "guys" I hear out there that sound so distorted. You cant understand them.

connex or galaxy

There are so many good radio's, Rci 2970, 6900-150, Galaxy 95T2, 93T, Connex 4300, 4600, Magnum 380,680, & 980 just to name afew.

I was out in Girard,OH last week and listening to 19 when a guy came on and asked what ch. the cb shop was on. Another guy came on and said 25 so me being nosey I went to 25 to just to listen. The driver asked them about putting a stinger board in a Cobra 29 and the cb tech(yeah right) said it was the best thing to do for a Cobra 29. He then kept sayin that it would walk all over the BIG radio's out there and sound 100 times better. I just sat there and chuckled to myself. He just kept tellin him it was the thing to do. Then i couldnt keep quiet no more!! I asked the cb tech about all the RF floating around in the radio and of it would hurt it or not. The first thing he said is "I dont know where you are but your blowin my windows out". I said "Well it is it crystal clear and can you understand me?" He said yes. I said OK ,It's just one of those BIG RADIO'S that you think that 29 the other driver has is gonna walk on my BIG radio!! He asked what it was but didnt tell him. I then asked again about the stray RF in the 29 and he said "if done right I can keep the rf down to a minumum". I then told the driver with the 29 that if it could walk on my Big radio then I would give him 100 cash for it. So he went and had it done. About an hr later a guy came on 19 and asked for a radio check and I told him that he was way over modulated and didnt sound good at all. He then told me that he just camr from the radio shop. I asked if that was the radio with the stinger board and he said yes and now I have a big radio and no one can walk on me!! I told him that I was the guy that would give him 100 cash if he could walk on my radio. He said ok well lets find out but I hope you have 100 dollars ready for me. I said I do but you wont be getting it!! He was then at the Petro with me and I asked for a radio check and a guy came back and said LOUD N PROUD. I asked for his 20 and he was at the Mr. fuel across the street and he had ben listening to me and the other driver talk about him walkin on me. I told the driver witht hte 29 that on the count of 3 we will both talk and see who walks on who. I counted to 3 and said GO. I kept talkin about another minute or so and unkeyed and the guy across the street asked if the guy with the 29 talked at all. I then laughed and told the guy with 29 "See I told ya you wouldnt be getting $100 from me. He then told me that he was going back to the radio shop and didnt hear from him again.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.