• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pyramid power supply issue

CbRadiosPRONTO

Mar 21, 2014
USA
www.cradiospronto.com
ps36kx going into protection mode when turned on. +/- short. Protection diode is ok but it appears there is a short to ground with a transistor. I cannot find anything in this transistor on the net.

TYN416
GKDXW U
MAR 138

See pic

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    399 KB · Views: 247

I would suspect one or more of the 2N3772 Pass Transistors has shorted. Very common in these.

Order me up a few extras for my PS26KX while your at it :cry: You would think there would be a beefier replacement part. It's down currently and I use it for powering cooling fans because it's variable down to 6 volts.

The part you showed looks like a voltage regulator? If so this one is a TIP41C
csqi6WQ.jpg

0397dzH.jpg

wK0NyLE.jpg

The Pass transistors are on the back heat sink:
MOBSVus.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. I closed for about 10 days and I'm just getting caught up. Every time I try and help a local guy on something different than a radio, always ends up being s pain.

Here is a pic of the board. I don't think it's the regulator you're referring to.

By the way, I couldn't find this post so I posted it again. I noticed you responded in the other section. I will go ahead and use the other post as somebody else also responded. I can probably delete this one. I'm not that proficient with this forum ever since the update and dropping the tapatalk at.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    858.9 KB · Views: 255

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.