• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

QEX

I just upped for QEX and got two issues. It's very very technical and dry. Oriented to projects at the engineering level.

I'm happy I got it as I want to learn more about circuit design and reading schematics, but if you are looking for 'flash', it doesn't have that.

They'll have a really cool and highly involved article on building an SSB rig from scratch, talking all about the circuits and materials etc. ... but nothing summarizing the actual features and how it actually works (thus no flash).

I was hoping for more simple circuit based things for everyday ham use, it's been far beyond that level the last two issues.

Circuit Cellar is another project building and engineering mag, though not radio oriented, it's outstanding if you are leaning in that direction as a hobby. Nuts and Volts too, but not as thorough.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.