• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

QRZ WARNED BY THE FCC

The FCC needs to read the Digital Millenium Act, which has provided guidelines on what types of activities an Internet Provider (includes a message board, btw) may be held responsible for.

The FCC needs to also realize the most efficient thing to do is go after the big distributors and/or known troublemakers, while leaving the small fries like internet forums (us, QRZ, etc) and radio users who aren't causing problems alone.

I think the policy should be permanent banning for anyone stirring up crap like this with regard to this forum. Actually, I would like to see it legal for any self proclaimed savior of the world to be beaten nearly to death with a baseball bat. I hate 'do-gooders'.

Bottom line is the money it would cost the FCC to bring manufacturers and big distributors to court. Thats the reason they go after the little guy.

Bottom line is the money it would cost the FCC to bring manufacturers and big distributors to court. Thats the reason they go after the little guy.
Yeah they're saving up all that money and then they'll take em out in one flail swoop, wink,wink

I dont see what the big deal is. I didnt know all ham radio equipment has to be "type-accepted" now. Since we are supposedly allowed to experiment and build our own equipment, why cant i pick up a used cb (export or whatever) and modify it to get on 10m? If this is the case, then we shouldnt be allowed to use military surplus equipment either. I know of many military rigs that can transmit anywhere you want and there seems to be no problem with using them on ham bands. I personally have NO PROBLEM with a licensed ham purchasing a new in box RCI-2970 and using it legally on 10m.

I dont see what the big deal is. I didnt know all ham radio equipment has to be "type-accepted" now. Since we are supposedly allowed to experiment and build our own equipment, why cant i pick up a used cb (export or whatever) and modify it to get on 10m? If this is the case, then we shouldnt be allowed to use military surplus equipment either. I know of many military rigs that can transmit anywhere you want and there seems to be no problem with using them on ham bands. I personally have NO PROBLEM with a licensed ham purchasing a new in box RCI-2970 and using it legally on 10m.

It DOESN'T have to be "certified" (one of the newer terms) to used ON the Amateur bands. A licensed amateur CAN buy a used CB and convert it TO 10 Meter use. Once that is DONE, however, it cannot be RETURNED to CB use. It is NOT pure "amateur" gear that is in question here. What we have here is a kind of radio that 1) LOOKS like a CB radio. 2) It has "bands" of 'channels'. 3) It has power beyond that permitted FOR Part 95 CB usage. They even RESEMBLE the "classic" CB radio complete with chrome faces and, perhaps, Rebel flags. Right off the bat, we run into a problem with the so-called "bands" of 'channels'. A legal CB radio has 40 (F O R T Y) pre-set channels into which pre-SET frequencies have been authorized for CB radio; no MORE, no less. The builders of such sets then attempt to sneak under FCC's radar by calling these things "10 Meter 'amateur' radios"--like H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS they are!:angry: Then they proudly sell these 'amateur' radios...............uhhh, WHERE?????? Not at an authorized amateur radio store, but on the WEB by CB RADIO STORES, CB SHOPS out behind Bubba's CB and Linear Store, and in the truck stops themselves. Catering to WHAT? Aiming at WHAT market? CB RADIO, a large portion of whom are illegal in other things as well; splatterbox amplifiers, beep, squeak, peak and tune (HACK, WHACK, and BUTCHER) by radio "technicians" that couldn't truly and correctly align a radio if it jumped up and smacked 'em in the face!!!! :glare: These people know ONE thing: clip, snip, and turn pots!!!! Gotta git that "SWANG", doncha know!

Well, FCC nor any discerning electronics person worth their salt, is fooled by this, and FCC listed EACH and EVERY ONE of the so-called "10 Meter" radios with the "bands of channels", the display that reads out 28 MHZ and covers 320 channels with a slight mod (gee, I wonder why they'd want to do that?:angry: ), as against the LAW to market in the USA. And there's a valid reason--even beyond the usual interference to licensed services, etc, etc. If the CB outlaws had just used the radios ON the CB band, stayed ON the 40 channels, we'd not likely even be arguing about this! BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! "OH GOODY GOODY" LOOKEE Here at My Radio! I"ve got 320 of them 'extree' channels, I'm special, an' I kin use all them channels! First noticable thing, the trucking industry was yapping their traps ON the CW sub-band. WHY, SHORE! It's QUIET up there, just a little beeping here and there so we kin make channel 19 on band D (?) our "comp'ny channel. Well that has ticked off the hams who will not hesitate to drop a dime on some goon yappin' on 10 Meters without the license (even licensed hams may NOT use voice modes in that part of 10). So, they actually go out and lay in wait for these people, to which a LOT of companies have had to respond to FCC. And before you get yer knickers in a wad, remember this: Ten Meters BELONGS to the amateurs by virtue of licensure (similar to a lease) and they have every RIGHT to defend it from licenseless clowns who have NO business ON the 10 Meter band. If you have no license to operate, keep your so-called "10 Meter 'amateur' radio" OFF 10 Meters! They are NOT going after CBers who stay where they belong, but they WILL defend what they WORKED for! While the fake "amateur" radios are illegal to use on CB, if you keep it OFF the amateur band(s), you will have little problems about hams messin' with CB ops. Come ONTO 10 (or 12) Meters, and they definitely try to help you have to write a check for $10,000!!!!!!! (y)

CWM, I believe you're mostly correct about what you said (there are few things that are a little off center, but who cares?) but that diatribe is really off base from what this topic is about.

The issue at hand is licensed amateurs being able to sell equipment to other licensed amateurs for use on amateur frequencies. This has ZERO to do with anything related to CB. There has never been any stipulations in the past about how any type of equipment may be advertised or sold from one amateur to another, and now it appears that they are started to exercise some new rules that amateurs are irritated at.

Everyone needs to remember that amateur operators brought this on themselves. The list of "illegal" 10 meter radios is a list that is produced by amateurs working for the ARRL that have been commissioned by the FCC. Because of (what I feel) an over-zealous enforcemnet approach with these radios, amateur ops have apparently failed to protect their own interests in this matter and now the FCC is just enforcing the regulations that amateurs lobbied so hard to be put into place. IMO, this is simply a case of "be careful what you wish for..."

I'll add that CWM seems to hate these radios so much that he fails to realize that, in the hands of a licensed ham, they are perfectly good and legitimate radios for 10 and/or 12 meters. Just because some of them have banks of 40 channels doesn't mean they can't be used effectively to communicate on the band.

I've been talking to LOTS of guys on 10 meters using these radios, many of them recently licensed or having just upgraded their licenses. None of them were using echos or beeps, or anything like that. All have them have sounded like they have their sets properly adjusted, and all of them have comported themselves no differently than the guys running HF sets.

I am using a Galaxy DX2517 for 10 meters, and it is an excellent radio for that purpose. Yes, I have a much nicer radio in a Yaesu FT-847, which gets used for practically everything else, but not 10.

BTW, the mocking southern "accent" in CWM's posts is getting very tiresome.

:angry:
I'll add that CWM seems to hate these radios so much that he fails to realize that, in the hands of a licensed ham, they are perfectly good and legitimate radios for 10 and/or 12 meters. Just because some of them have banks of 40 channels doesn't mean they can't be used effectively to communicate on the band.

I've been talking to LOTS of guys on 10 meters using these radios, many of them recently licensed or having just upgraded their licenses. None of them were using echos or beeps, or anything like that. All have them have sounded like they have their sets properly adjusted, and all of them have comported themselves no differently than the guys running HF sets.

I am using a Galaxy DX2517 for 10 meters, and it is an excellent radio for that purpose. Yes, I have a much nicer radio in a Yaesu FT-847, which gets used for practically everything else, but not 10.

BTW, the mocking southern "accent" in CWM's posts is getting very tiresome.

Sorry, Hilander, but I am simply repeating what I hear on the bands. And, yes, it does reflect a contempt, not for CB (ers), but a contempt for those whom I find on the ham bands without the license. Yes, it makes me mad. Why can't people R E S P E C T that which is assigned to other people? To me, an OUTLAW deserves NO respect and when I find him creeping about in the ham bands, yup, I'll mock what I hear from him. :angry: I don't respect him!!!! Why should I respect a thief, or an outlaw?

I also said nowhere in the post that the "channelized" and, therefore, FAKE and mis-named "10 Meter 'amateur' radios" could not be used on the amateur bands!:D I also said nothing about their signals, pro OR con. I freely admit that I do not LIKE them, but that is an opinion, and it came about because of ONE thing: Finding unlicensed operators happily chatting away on AM in the CB sub-band.:thumbdown: Yeah.......I H A T E that, so sue me!!(y) I call these radios "FAKE" also, not because they 'can't' be used on the ham bands, but because, despite their mis-named label, their market is NOT the amateur service; they are fully intended for the CB outlaw to have more power than allowed, more CHANNELS than permitted and it lets 'em creep into the 10 or 12 Meter bands: IOW, they are CB radios trying to fly around the radar :D of the FCC. It fools nobody! Again, if they would STAY where they belong, I wouldn't even be posting this. Otherwise, I hate them AND their cussed illegal radios! :D

:angry:

Sorry, Hilander, but I am simply repeating what I hear on the bands. And, yes, it does reflect a contempt, not for CB (ers), but a contempt for those whom I find on the ham bands without the license. Yes, it makes me mad. Why can't people R E S P E C T that which is assigned to other people? To me, an OUTLAW deserves NO respect and when I find him creeping about in the ham bands, yup, I'll mock what I hear from him. :angry: I don't respect him!!!! Why should I respect a thief, or an outlaw?

CWM,Since you don't "hear" that on the forum here why not knock off the hillbilly CBer accent when posting here. We are all getting tired of it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.