• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question for Brotherman

boomer111

May 7, 2005
Are you running amp in the truck. I assume it's electronic motor, Cat? I got the ACert C15. What have you heard about running say a 4 pill in these new trucks with all the electronics?

Please anyone else with information please respond..Thanks

Ya, thanks. It's really all moot now. I can't seem to get rid of the 7 S units of RF interference I am getting under accelration, say above 15 lbs manifold pressure. By the way this Cat Acert C15 475 hp gets 50 lbs when pushed. No use going around mutilplixer if my recieve is full of noise. Now I talk to only who I can see. ECM and maybe injector noise. The ECM has no known cure at this time. May the Man has a better plan than we think. LOL

I get no noise from running heater fan etc. Just rf from the dam ECM unit. I have been told that it has to be stopped at the source. It's not about grounding. So I'm told by the installations experts.

how about putting aluminum foil around the ecm unit. It might sound crazy, but a guy passing through up here had rfi problems with his electronically controlled truck (newer suburban).. he aluminum foiled pretty much the whole engine compartment, and his problems went away..

I'm just throwing out suggestions, I've never had this problem myself.

My next step is to get some aluminum foil tape and wrap the ECM wire harness up to the pugs into the heads.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.