• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question for Stryker

boomer111

May 7, 2005
Are you still planning on coming out with a higher powered am/fm radio? If so might when the release be? And what power level?

Thanks Shawn for any information.

As a side note I want to let it be known that Stryker radio ( Shawn ) agreed to fully warranty one of his radios.

Shawn said that he would repair it even though it may have been hacked on after being opened.

I believe credit is due when its earned just as poor business practices should be not kept quite.

Hello Boomer,

Yes the production date for the SR-490HP is January 7th 2007. If they ship on time we will seem them on February or March.

Actually the radio that was sent in by your friend was not hacked up. All limiters were in place and functioning correctly. No shop is perfect and I suspect this was just a fluke.

Thank you

I hope that you have the professionalism to improve on the past design and make sure that said improvements are integrated into the new design from the start. So that the individual who buys one will not have to send it to anyone else to fix something that should have never been an issue to start with.

Not trying to stir the pot but facts are facts and i hate wasting money!

King Mudduck,

The fact is that the Stryker out of the box is better than a magnum or a Connex or similar competing products. nothing is perfect but the Stryker is way ahead of several others.

Stryker, well maybe "hacked up" was the wrong terminology. But the fact remains that the radio was not usable. Power was set way to high and it had a diode mod added. Audio was not distinguishable. I hooked up the radio in my own truck to make sure we didn't have an installation issue, so I know what it was and wasn't doing.

I understand that you do business with "you know who", so I'll leave it at that.

Still no excuse no to respond to a customers complaint.

I noticed portions of my previous post where edited. Thats fine, just know that one must be very careful where money is spent.

I have a personnel crusade going on against poor customer service, be it communication or work performed. This is by no means limited to the radio industry, on the contrary the problem is everywhere and it is up to the consumer to be heard. Only in this way will the problem be dealt with with any hope of compliance. I strongly support good retail practices.

We as consumers can be heard and will get our way if we don't roll over to bad business practices.

Shawn, I commend you and understand your delicate position. Still no excuse no to address complaint.

No problem Boomer!

I didn't mean to upset you by having a mod edit the post, I just wanted to make sure I was quoted correctly regarding the phone conversation I had with Bill.

Thanks again and have a Merry Christmas!

Better than a Connex or the like??? As good as maybe but not better. The only problem i have ever had with the Stryker (and i have had more than a few here) Is the high noise level in the receive. The last time i checked you did not need to send a Connex or Galaxy out to a CB shop for a mod to improve this because THEY DONT NEED IT!

...............and thats all i need to say about this.

You dont need to with a Stryker either King.....You do however need the proper test equipment to adjust the RX. Its not something the typical cber can do with his Dosy

I have a question!
Where is the info I asked about the roger beep volume, length.
Sad, actually I'am astonished, flabergasted even.

So your all telling me that if you put a Stryker and a Galaxy side by side that none of you hear the difference! Well i guess i'm just making this whole thing up because i have nothing better to do. I guess the mos fet mod was really never needed because there is nothing wrong with the radio and it was just a way for CB shops to make a little extra money.......well i have never heard of such a thing in my life :shock:

No problem Shawn, like I said I commend you.

I feel a little sensitive because the recommendation I gave my friend Bill turned out badly. I feel somewhat responsible for steering him into harms way.

The other shop has always treated me fairly, why in this instance the communication stopped puzzles me. Reminds me of my early dealings with Dave at Pace.

Enough said I'm off the key and moving on.............

Happy Holidays

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.