• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

R U A microphone junckie

Grogan

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 1, 2011
Southern New Jersey
SR-158, cobra coffin, 2–RK-56, Road devil, 2-D104M6B 2- silver eagles stock cobra newer, uniden hand mic, 2018 echo mic? Icon SM-50 Icom SM-30 and stock mic’s from the Icoms and Yaesu radios. Not too many but a spare bucket full.

Reactions: 2NC995

I went on a quest a few years ago. I had a large assortment. I kept the ones that locals said sounded good. Put the rest on eBay as a lot. Probably had close to 20. All of them were basically new. It was a popular auction. I still have a decent assortment of stuff.

Reactions: 2NC995
Do you mean: I open a gear bag and find a microphone I don’t remember having purchased?

Several times per year.

I don’t have an inventory list, but I could have sworn I had them all in one place.

SR-158, cobra coffin, 2–RK-56, Road devil, 2-D104M6B 2- silver eagles stock cobra newer, uniden hand mic, 2018 echo mic? Icon SM-50 Icom SM-30 and stock mic’s from the Icoms and Yaesu radios. Not too many but a spare bucket full.
Noticed that you didn't have any Turner +2's or +3's.
No collection of mics should be w/o Turner desk mics.
They are very good to xlnt . . .

Last edited:
HEIL: Gold Elite...GM5...ICM...PR781
Shure SM58
Audio-Technica T1000 HE
INRAD 629 w/ PTT base
Couple AKG Studio's...models...???
1960's Dual Element Chrome Pill table mic (Japan RCA Clone)
couple Shure 444's
Turner Super Sidekicker...couple D104's with Heil Upgrade kits installed
More NIB hand mics than I care to know(Yaesu and Kwoods mostly)
Telex single-ear broadcast headset (back-up Contest headset)
INRAD Dual ear comm headset (my Contest set-up)
I know there are more, just can't think of all right now(y):ROFLMAO:
Booms/weighted table stands/asst. goosenecks / shock mounts / various foot switches etc. etc...:whistle:
All the Best:LOL:
Gary

A few that I’ve been playing with.

View attachment 35994 View attachment 35995

Hmmm. Can’t take it with you, huh?

You’ll want to ask Undertaker for the pro tips:

1). Solar panel headstone mount leading cable to rated underground tubing thru watertight cable gland for casket attachment

2). Lithium battery set plus charger/power supply

3). The really long-life radio. And mike turntable under lid

4). How to make the coax run to the 100’ flagpole in the memorial garden.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.