• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

radio,amp, power supply?

BammBamm

Instigators ...173 on the southside.
May 24, 2010
Steger,Illinois
I have a question that I'm unsure about. I just ordered my new radio (257hp) and a TS 350hd but I'm unsure about my power supply I am wondering if a 60 amp power supply will run both of these or should I run two seperate power supplies? I am thinking a 45 amp for the amp and a 15 amp for the radio?

I agree, a 60 amp or even 45 amp power supply can handle it no problemo. The issue is that 257 HP will way way over drive a TS350. Ya might want to get a TnT 350 from X-force for that radio.

It's your amp and your money, if you want to blow the pi$$ out of it go for it.

Reactions: 1 person
I have noticed 2 of these new transporter vans in my area also. They are both black with tinted windows and like 5 or more antennas on top one plastic horizontal dipole about 4 foot long on a rotor center roof and a thick wire loop on the very back and the rest are all verticals plus the 4 little like 4" antennas in a 8" square configuration. I see these almost daily but have heard nothing going on here local?

The above post is yours from 7/6/2013 you are going to have a nice visit from them. They are not Ice cream trucks.Be careful.

Actually only tried the amp 1 time on am with low power and decided to put it on the 148 instead after reading others thoughts and realizing my own stupidity. I have the 148 in my truck now and the 257hp as my base. I have slowed down on the cb hobby a little due to deer archery season coming up soon and I have been target shooting instead.

Reactions: 2 people
i agree with others . i think a texas star 500 would be ideal with that radio.
and the 350 with a low power radio .like a 148. as for power supply
you need to know the max amps you,ll be drawing between both pieces
of equiment.it MIGHT be possible only if the max amp draw is less than
the power supply can putout

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.