• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radio repair by brandon7861...

frmboybuck

***** medic
Apr 3, 2005
Iowa
I'll also post this on the original post but this also seemed like an appropriate place so here goes. I made a post looking for recommendations on a solid tech to repair a botched conversion on a President Lincoln II +. I bought this one fairly cheap off of a local that said the conversion was done but it didn't work on 11 meters. Thought maybe it was a simple fix. Well, come to find out, whoever did the conversion used a welder instead of a soldering station. The board was fairly well butchered in the area of the needed resistor. Member Brandon7861offered to take a look at it for me and said he'd do his best to fix it for $20. That was an offer I couldn't refuse. I didn't know him from Adam, and even though I've been a member here for a whole lot of years, I've honestly been away from the forum world for a long time. I shipped the radio out last week and Brandon received the radio Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday evening he sent me a message saying it was done and it would go out Wednesday. Got it back today and he did an outstanding job cleaning the board up and fixing the botched conversion. If anyone needs any work done, Brandon is an honest, trustworthy, stand up guy. The world honestly needs more people like him in it. Thanks again Brandon, I really appreciate it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.