• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RadioActive WHACK JOB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD126

Oct 18, 2013
Everyone please be advised...The Radio Active bunch is a joke...I bought a 2995DX from the original owner. He had RA "Whack Up" a perfectly good radio! The Low power has hardly any DK and high power is way too high..to the point that it will not modulate properly...overdriven. I had my techs look at The radio. Only thing that can be done to remedy the situation is to rip all the whack pack crap out and try to put the radio back to factory and then make it walk and talk right. I do like the 10 turn clarifier...that is the only thing that is of use to me out of all of the things done to it...variable talkback is useless to me...ok for some but not my piece of cake. The "Watergate" recorder/playback is nothing I would ever need so another waste....IF I ever get it straightened out I will probably sell it.
My point is STAY AWAY from RADIO ACTIVE! I have called them and emailed them trying to get info on this whacked up mess they made...They will not call me or email me back so there it is...I read the same thing on several other forums and a couple of post here as well.

Everyone please be advised...The Radio Active bunch is a joke...I bought a 2995DX from the original owner. He had RA "Whack Up" a perfectly good radio! The Low power has hardly any DK and high power is way too high..to the point that it will not modulate properly...overdriven. I had my techs look at The radio. Only thing that can be done to remedy the situation is to rip all the whack pack crap out and try to put the radio back to factory and then make it walk and talk right. I do like the 10 turn clarifier...that is the only thing that is of use to me out of all of the things done to it...variable talkback is useless to me...ok for some but not my piece of cake. The "Watergate" recorder/playback is nothing I would ever need so another waste....IF I ever get it straightened out I will probably sell it.
My point is STAY AWAY from RADIO ACTIVE! I have called them and emailed them trying to get info on this whacked up mess they made...They will not call me or email me back so there it is...I read the same thing on several other forums and a couple of post here as well.

This story reminds me of the EEI Turbo Tune radios and their terrible customer service.

I sincerely hope you get your radio fixed.

You knew the radio was superwackpacked by radioactive radios and still bought it?????? The internet is alive with the sounds of screaming mad RAR radio owners.

NO I DID NOT KNOW!!!

You knew the radio was superwackpacked by radioactive radios and still bought it?????? The internet is alive with the sounds of screaming mad RAR radio owners.

And NO I did not know it had been butchered up. The lady I bought it from...her husband had passed. She was selling his equipment and didn't know a thing about it other than it was practically new. IF I'd have known I'd still have bought it as, #1 I didn't know the first thing about RA or what they did. #2 I was trying to help the lady more than I wanted or needed the radio. AND # 3 I am STUPID as Hell for getting on these forums TRYING to let people know when I find out about a bunch ripping folks off as every time I get Lam-Blasted like I am the damn guilty party...SO to hell with this and the rest of the forums and the idiot SOB's on them...I will NOT be back.

Reactions: 1 person
There's plenty of threads you could research on this forum about Radioactive. At one time I thought about buying something from Radioactive but I asked around first and dug up threads about RA and now I know.

Ack!

Take it easy man... I understand you're just trying to help folks out here. There will always be a few people that jump to conclusions about stuff, it's on every forum. Radioactive Radio's "SuperHackPacks" are well documented here and you're preaching to the choir in the sense that it's well known that their work is garbage. I for one do appreciate that you mentioned it. I wouldn't let it get to you. Best thing to do now is to let it ride and focus on getting that 2995 up and going back to factory specs. Heck, I've even had a few of those jobs come across my bench that I had to rework myself.

I hope you'll think it over and stay with us. :)

~Cheers~

Reactions: 3 people
And NO I did not know it had been butchered up. The lady I bought it from...her husband had passed. She was selling his equipment and didn't know a thing about it other than it was practically new. IF I'd have known I'd still have bought it as, #1 I didn't know the first thing about RA or what they did. #2 I was trying to help the lady more than I wanted or needed the radio. AND # 3 I am STUPID as Hell for getting on these forums TRYING to let people know when I find out about a bunch ripping folks off as every time I get Lam-Blasted like I am the damn guilty party...SO to hell with this and the rest of the forums and the idiot SOB's on them...I will NOT be back.

Every forum has new people that think they are breaking some newly acquired knowledge or news to the rest only to find out that what they speak of already has several threads about it and is well documented on the internet. The long time members just get tired of hearing it over and over and over again. A quick and simple Google search would reveal that they are preaching to the choir.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.