• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ranger rci-6900f hi-power

komododragon

Sep 11, 2012
i did not know where to put this.

the thing is im more used to police scanners and regular CB's

this is a new type of radio for me can any one what this thing is and if it is legal to use this.

what the us/lsb/cw/fm/am mode switch do ??

this thing just confuses me :confused::confused:

Last edited:

it depends where you live in the world as to if it's legal or not, but in most country's it's not legal strictly speaking. legal the USA/Australia 40 ch AM/LSB/USB at 4watts AM and 12 watts pep for lsb and usb. FM is legal is some countries mostly European one's. however in most countries radio laws for 27mhz cb is not a death sentence and as long as your radio is not causing interference other services there are many that use big power and go outside the 40 channels, in fact pirating cb has become big business with people and the company's that supply the radio's to them, the radio you are looking at is sold as 10m or 28/29mhz radio that is meant for the 10 meter amateur radio band but is mostly used and aimed at the cb radio market, this type of radio is known as "export" radios. without going into radio science too much lets say the AM mode is 6 khz wide and has a carrier and USB and LSB is 3 khz wide in bandwidth and has no carrier and because and so is more efficient than AM because it don't have to supply power for a carrier and it's only halp the bandwidth of AM so more power can be squeezed into a smaller bandwidth making lower side band (LSB) and upper side band (USB) much better for long distance communication.

I hope this has helped you, i am sure others will help you more :0

all the best

one thing i noticed with this rodeo that is different from other cb's that i have used is that when the mic is not plug in it will still out sound is that normal for this radio

so far i have only been able to pike up signals on AM mode & Feq pool 1 & with hi switch on and the 10khz switch on

im loving this thing so far :p::p:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.