• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger TRE797

If turning off the talkback makes the squeal go away, what you're really hearing is what audio pros call "howl", or acoustic feedback.

Moving the mike farther from the speaker sometimes fixes this. Consider that if the mike can hear the talkback audio, you'll get acoustic feedback.

Or turn off the talkback.

And if you still have this squeal with the talkback turned off, it's a different problem.

I don't use talkback but I did fix the problem!

The suspense is killing me ! What was the fix ?
The only thing I did to stop the feedback/squeal was to wire up my D-104 to it AND I bought new jumpers, apparently my other new jumpers were junk! I never suspected the jumpers at all since they were only a couple of months old! Both of them came apart when I was taking them loose to test them, the centers stayed in my radio and amp, I had to work for a bit to get center piece out of the radio! I will never buy that brand of coax or jumpers again! TUOLNK Is the store I bought them from on Amazon!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.