• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

rci 2950

tireman

Nov 9, 2008
first i want to say hi to every one this is my first post , here is my question, i have a old rci2950 EPT295013Z board that i was able to repair with the help of a friend on another forum got everything working good but could never get the frequency align ,i know you need a lot of tool to get it right but all i have is a frequency counter and a digital VOM ,the problem is i can't set am frequency :confused: SSB (with the help of a local with is new 2950dx i got it pretty close) but on AM for ex: if i set my radio on 27.245 my frequency counter show 27.2478 ?But if i set am tx frequency using vr21 SSB is way off and i can't set it anymore ? It's almost like it's one or the other AM or SSB can't get both at the same time? could L27 be the problem ? it as very little effect when i try to adjust?

A 2950 is a complex radio, you need to have a tech do a proper alignment. There is no way you will get it without the proper equipment.

your adjustment locations are:

AM- L27

LSB- L28

USB- L29

CDX-4540 and I have adjusted these well by ear with one listening as we made the adjustments . This should help you get in the ball park .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.