• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI-2950dx3

Well the price difference between a AT-6666 or RCI2950DX, if you avoid most CB shops, is not that big a difference. THE AT-6666 will have quieter receive but the RCI will have better AM audio out of the box. You can get either for $212-$249 off ebay unmolested you can also pay $359+ for one of either off ebay. A decent mark up from a reputable dealer is fine but the current trend of bending people over at online CB shop's for what is mostly a stock radio that has had it's modulation am hi and low power pot's cranked is just too much for me to bear. Even worse $1 or less in parts for a "super swing" "npc" or other craptastic mod and a $100-$200 increase in price for this service is again more than I can bear! LOL I would rather take my chances with a Chinese seller with great feedback. I understand some shop's are worth their weight in gold but most are like Jokerman Electronic's and should be avoided at all cost's!

Reactions: Dorian
First off, Frank @ DNJ Radio is a friend of mine. He gave my local Ham club discount prices for gear. Bought some stuff from him many times and even done some work for him.

Having said that first and got that out of the way, he does have a pretty good stand up deal for the Anytone AT-6666 if you are interested. For ~$270, not only do you get that radio, but he also includes a Sirio 2000 w/roof mount for that price.

Reactions: 309hellinois
First off, Frank @ DNJ Radio is a friend of mine. He gave my local Ham club discount prices for gear. Bought some stuff from him many times and even done some work for him.

Having said that first and got that out of the way, he does have a pretty good stand up deal for the Anytone AT-6666 if you are interested. For ~$270, not only do you get that radio, but he also includes a Sirio 2000 w/roof mount for that price.
Thx Robb, I've had the anytone for some time now just felt I needed a new radio and treated myself to a new TS-590 SG had the original 590 but too many issues on that first version.

I'll admit we have seen some of these with the radio-final bias set too high, or the same setting in the amplifier too high. And the max carrier power on AM should never be set above 30 or 40 Watts. A radio set for much more than that could hurt itself if a knob gets bumped and nobody notices.

That can cause overheating and premature failure.

Having the alignment settings checked for suicidal tendencies is probably wise. You'll want to turn up the AM modulation limit, most likely.

Getting it checked by a reputable tech may improve the longevity before it breaks down the first time. But a boost in performance you can tell?

Not so likely.

The above mentioned issues were probably on radios tuned by Copper Electronic's Master of CER. Crank Everything Right.

Reactions: 9C1Driver

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.