• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2970DX NB/ANL Adjustments????

w4bss

Aug 7, 2011
I have a RCI 2970DX that I run mobile in my truck. Is there a way to adjust the NB/ANL inside the radio or would certain components need to be changed to make the NB/ANL better?

I have grounded everything in the truck and it really lowered the noise floor, but when I turn on the NB/ANL it really doesn't drop it anymore on AM and especially on SSB. I can't tell it's on or off on SSB it sounds the same.

What do you guys think???
Thanks again!!

It sounds like alternator noise because it changes with engine speed. I did some very extensive grounding all over the truck. The truck is a 2001 Ford Super Duty F250 Power Stroke Diesel. I know im receiving injector & alternator noise from the engine but it's not as bad on other radios I have had in there.

I think the problem is with the radio since my Galaxy 98VHP did not have that much noise in the receiver when it was mobile. Also when the 2970DX was in the house receiving power line noise I remember the NB/ANL did very little to filter it out. It's almost as if it's not working.

If in the house it was noisy too, then it sounds like it may not be working correctly.
All the 2950/2970's that I've had over the years, have been very quite on AM. But on SSB, the "white noise" is still annoying, so I use DSP speaker's and that takes care of 95% of the noise.

Might try checking the radio in a friends mobile or house and see if there is any difference.

I believe it is L1 and L2. Should be confirmable at cbtricks.com I find all the 29XX rigs to have hot receivers and I always turn them down like you are wanting to do. It greatly reduces the noise but does not reduce the RX strength.

Reactions: 1 person
You guys were right! L1 & L2 took care of the problem. The voltage at TP1 was almost 5 volts and per CB Tricks it should be less than 2 volts. By adjusting L1 & L2 I got the voltage down to 1.8 volts. Man what a difference it is now!!

This really didn't reduce the receiver strength, but it really filters out the extra noise with the NB/ANL is on.

Thanks guys for the help!!

Yes it was a very good tip and thank you everybody for the help!

Im glad there are forums like this to help with our expensive hobby!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.