• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI -2995 good, or what

RCI 2995DX

Well for my 2 cents worth I would not give my thumbs up to buy a RCI 2995DX. I wished I would have stayed away from this model
I purchased 1 in Late November 2010 from dealer in Illinois and SSB transmit audio is terrible. Another guy across town purchased his during same sale and his sounds bad on ssb as well. 150 watts output ssb
Both are the new version with new power supplies. Perhaps they did a rush job on aligning the radios . I have been told its very loud on AM but muffled on SSB . I have tried several desk mics d104 astatic 878dm kenwood mc 60a astatic 575-m6 all with same results. aI guess we will send it to the factory this spring.
So at present time its laying in a box out in the garage. On a scale of 1 - 10 I give the radio a 7 or receive a 2 on transmit ........
So right now we are using a old President Madison we just bought on ebay . I have been told its sounds GREAT !!!(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.