• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 3900HP, Clean, Complete & Strong !! 45 watts

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Hi group, Been using this rig as a base for a couple of months. Just upgraded to a bigger radio. Clean RCI 3900HP. This one is STRONG and swings to 45 watts AM & SSB. Everything works well as should except for Roger Beep noted below. Added a new bright white LED to the meter. Swing mod is done so swings to Full Output from either Medium or High Power Switch. Used with a low drive amp so Medium is set at 2 watts and High ended up at 6 watts. That can be turned up inside on VR13 if you want …. will easily go up to 10 watts for High, which is the maximum recommended if you want to use radio by itself barefoot but I am leaving it where it is now. Came to me with a new looking Dynamic stock mic … I think it's a Workman. It sounds good and is large and heavy-feeling in your hand. I used the radio with a desk power mic. Also comes with a new heavy power cord with a 10amp fuse. Mounting Bracket & 4 knobs so radio is complete. You can see it has plug-in Post on back for a frequency counter. ~ The board in this radio was the style where they had the Roger Beep being on full time. There is no switch. A previous owner disconnected the beep inside by cutting Jumper J9 which is easily spotted on the component side of the board near in the front right-hand area. You can leave as-is or solder wires onto both ends of the clipped J9 and run to a switch wherever you might want to put one, or you could re-solder the jumper back together and have a full time every-key beep. Again I'm leaving that as is … which is disconnected (no beep). Open Clarifier and is on-frequency at 12:00 or very close. Cosmetics is very good at 8.5 of 10 or better. No major dings or scratches. Looks nice !! Feel free to ask any questions.

Recent forum poster oldpaint0 is a local to me and can tell you this radio is loud and clear

Radio will be 150 shipped U.S. lower 48 only. So that's like $135 for radio and 15 for ship. Paypal is fine or mail a Postal Money Order.

Bonus Offer: Getting ready to post another item(2) - I have two New Old Stock Astatic MC 576-1 CERAMIC mic cartridges that will go in pretty much ANY mic. They sound awesome, will give you a very natural tone and tend towards being more base-y in tone than the more-tinny Astatic MC320 Crystal cartridges. These will make you sound like a Turner Desk Mic like a +3 etc …. Turner used Ceramic elements in all of their mics. Astatic used these MC576 Ceramic's in pretty much all of their hand held power mics like the 575 with variable tone control that are so highly sought after. The MC576's will go right in any D104 Desk Mic and I am using one of them now in my everyday TUG8 and everyone is raving about the sound. …… so here is a New Old Stock replacement Ceramic cartridge that will go right in any D104 Head - I am selling these New Ceramic cartridges for $50 each shipped separately, but if you buy this radio I will do one or both of these 576's for $25. So that will be $175 shipped for Radio + 1 cartridge or $200 for Radio + both cartridges. Radio & cartridges will go off to eBay in 1 week if no one wants here. Thanks1rci1.jpg 1rciRear.jpg 1rciMic.jpg 1rci4.jpg 1mc1.jpg

Radio is SOLD here on the forum :)
RECEIVED the RCI-3900HP radio from wire weasel,one of the best packing jobs I have ever seen,been in radio 50 years,CB and Ham,no way this radio was going to be damadged packaged like that,works great,no dissapointments at all,excellent shape for the age of the radio,would definetly deal with him again...GALAXY67

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.