• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Re-tuning a Sirio 4 element beam for 27.555mhz

ALREADY A LONG STORY.......THE SHORT ANSWER WOULD BE:
The boom of a beam doesnt need to be isolated from the mast as the currents flow different compared to a single vertical antenna.

With a vertical you attach the antenna to the mast.
With a beam you attach the support structure of the antenna to the mast.

It is HOW the currents flow and HOW the antenna is fed in regards for verticals if one can isolate
it or not.
That is the essence of my question . . . I thunk . . .

Last edited:
SY27-4 retuning

Here is a pic of my sirio 27-4 up on my hazer setup. I did play with the gamma match at 12 ft of the ground last summer and easily moved the bandwidth above 40 but not performance with gamma match . 26.680 1.5 27.215 1.1 27.675 1.5 SO BASICALLY 1 MHZ 1.5 -1 OR LESS ON MINE .I just use it on 1-40 at present with a HY GAIN Big Gun II ready to go up next spring on another tower.

Attachments

• Sirio SY4 on Hazer.JPG
    Sirio SY4 on Hazer.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Henry,
This summer I will retuning my Maco 5 to your specks from your site. Will let you know this next winter how well it talks.......

Hello!

It would be better if you could pass me your different element thickness and lengths.
The one availilbe there is made for 22mm thick elements (almost a inch).
If your diameter variees so will the results.

Im not sure how long your boom is. Boom is essential for gain.
What im meaning to tell you is that perhaps your effective boomlength is now longer..than the one on my site In that case you wont probarbly wont get more gain..

Drop me a email with your exact element segment lengths and diamters and the boomlength.
From that point we can have a look if (perhaps sligth) imporvement is possible..

Kind regards,

Henry
All about antennas

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.