• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

REAL HAM TALK WITHOUT A ANTENNA

Aug 30, 2010
WHAT I AM POSTING IS GOING TO BRING ALOT OF NEW THOUGHTS AND NEW WAYS TO TALK AROUND THE WORLD I AM SHOWING THIS TO BRING INTO LIGHT WHAT REAL OPPERATORS ARE TALKING ABOUT YOU WILL READ HOW BAD IT IS I AM STATING THIS TO YOU DONT BELEAVE WHAT YOU READ COME TRY IT FREE HOPE TO HEAR YOU ON THIS INTERNET HF RADIO I AM ON 27.570.00 HOPE TO HEAR YOU THERE I HAVE TALKED AROUND THE WORLD WITH THIS AND AM WILLING TO PAY MORE THAN WHAT THEY WANT TO USE IT HAMSPHERE 2.0

HamSphere - Turn your PC into a Ham Radio Transceiver YOU WILL BE AMAZED WE CAN TALK HF RADIO ON A I PHONE WORLD WIDE SEE YOU THERE

Its VOIP with a Ham Radio Twist, no radio's involved only Virtual. Cool concept but far from real radio operation. It may however peak someones interest to try the real thing and get a license.

Its VOIP with a Ham Radio Twist, no radio's involved only Virtual. Cool concept but far from real radio operation. It may however peak someones interest to try the real thing and get a license.

VOIP is because the on (radio) it (may) involve would be a satellite which can access without doubt it will make a connection which is not the case with terrestrial radio, just like picking up the phone when it rings, sure you completed the connection and that makes you a ham operator?

The next thing is repeaters, a real no brainer and what I consider to be a for the lack of a better term a private public form of communications that it not at the will of mother nature or atmospheric conditions required to propagate and I feel should be made available to the general public without a license because it's just a glorified radio-telephone.

If it doesn't involve user generated RF from point of origin to point of destination it just isn't REAL radio. That's the fun and challenge of it,trying to make something happen in spite of Mother Nature. VOIP is about as exciting and challenging as dialing a phone.

This doesnt appear to have any RF at all. I remember when Echolink first came out, VOIP to a link on a radio that you actually operated remotely. At least that could be considered Ham Lite.

REAL HAM RADIO

right, so explain to me how you will provide communications when the hurricane takes all the power lines down, phone and cell communications are not available, flooding is catastrophic, will you then connect your pc to a 12 volt car battery, throw some CAT5 cable in a tree and provide communications?

Interesting concept, just in my opinion wrong type of heading in the title.

Ok, I tried it tonight.
It's what it is. No harm no foul.
No hidden secrets or false claims.

It would be a good medium for those who cannot put up an antenna and have the radio feel.

If one takes the time to read the site information, it clearly states it's a simulation only!

In my opinion, it would be a very educational tool to get young people to participate and get to know what radio is like and in turn motivate them to get a licence and keep the hobby alive and active.

Well done. Get your kids or non-radio friends on there and talk to them and get them interested in our hobby. This is as close they can get without a licence to experience our madness!! LOL. Good tool to "plant the seed".

The only thing that gets me is the "trail period" message that you get after you load and use the program. This should be on the home page and be upfront as I still don't know what the trail period consists of?

tracker.

I've tried it too. It has about as much to do with ham radio as Microsoft Flight Simulator has to do with aviation.

Nobody "can't put up an antenna." I'd rather use the real thing even if it was only a HT or using a dipole tacked to the wall, or go mobile.

I've tried it too. It has about as much to do with ham radio as Microsoft Flight Simulator has to do with aviation.

Nobody "can't put up an antenna." I'd rather use the real thing even if it was only a HT or using a dipole tacked to the wall, or go mobile.

That's funny, been there done that!

Attachments

• antennamount 021640vig.jpg
    antennamount 021640vig.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 177
Hamsphere is a subscription setup. If you don't have a ham call sign they issue you something to be used but definately not a legitimate call sign.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.