• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

real or 3D printer made

1iwilly

Dec 7, 2008
I placed a bid on a microphone, but upon zooming in, I suspect it might be a fake. It appears as though someone created it using a 3D printer, and upon examining the soldering for the battery wires, I have my doubts about its authenticity. and no stickers even on volume take a look=

Definitely doesn't look 3d printed to me. Could still be a fake, but doesn't appear to be a homemade job. Might even be an in-house engineering sample, or perhaps a OEM mic sold to another electronics manufacturer? I can check my real 575-M6 this evening to see if the internals look similar.

hahahaha what a joke. that is clearly a fake. astatic 575m6 mics NEVER had those long thin volume/tone tabs sticking out like that. even the circuit board and components are all wrong. FAKE! retract your bid and run.

Reactions: Greg T
hahahaha what a joke. that is clearly a fake. astatic 575m6 mics NEVER had those long thin volume/tone tabs sticking out like that. even the circuit board and components are all wrong. FAKE! retract your bid and run.
I contacted the seller and informed them that I made a mistake with my bid. I requested to cancel it and felt relieved once it was done.

I placed a bid on a microphone, but upon zooming in, I suspect it might be a fake. It appears as though someone created it using a 3D printer, and upon examining the soldering for the battery wires, I have my doubts about its authenticity. and no stickers even on volume take a look=
Well as someone has been 3D printing for the last 5 years it looks nothing like i have
ever seen printed.

When the Astatic name was farmed out, the assembly of the mikes was outsourced. Looks to me like somebody built more mikes than he had name stickers.

PC board and PTT switch look authentic to me. I have never seen a 3D printer that can mimic the texture on that back shell.

here is the inside of original 575-m6 you see where the batt wires are solder compare to the one I posted that's why I was leary of it 1688725740129.png

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.