• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Real Radio Guys and Gals Drive These

Let's see. My Geo Metro gets 45 MPG and a $20 oil change every 6000 miles. 237000 miles and still doesn't use any oil. At $3/Gal for gas, that's 42000 cents/6000 Miles = 7 cents/mile, 6 cents/mile more to operate than the Tesla. At 100,000 miles on the Tesla, I will have saved 600,000 cents, or 6000 dollars. Then I have to buy a new 1000 pound battery pack for the Tesla, or a $20 oil change and another 9 gallons of gas for my Metro. Of course the Metro takes 10 seconds to get to 60 MPH and doesn't look near as cool. Still, I think I'll keep the Metro. It's paid for.

Rich

Well, I consider myself a "Real Radio Guy", just on a budget! Ok, so my ride isn't as nice. A rusty old S-10 Blazer 4x4 but it gets me around.

(Then there's the vintage Mercedes in the garage waiting to be restored! ;) )

KC2OST said:
you get hit in that metro and its funeral time.. LOL
Actually, the Metro that I'm driving was my wife's, until it was totaled. A Chevy Lumina ran head-on into her at a closing speed of 70+ MPH. Totaled out the Lumina, too. The Metro front end was crushed and the engine/trans-axle was folded down to the road. Windshield was still intact and both doors still opened. Wife walked away and three from the Lumina were hauled off to the hospital.

I bought the Metro back from the insurance company for $200 and gave $145 for another Metro that had a blown engine. put the two together with a few parts and have a great car for <$400. That was over four years ago and it's still going strong.

Rich

Lazybones1222 said:
I like the idea, but I am 6'4" and would look like a giraffe sticking out of that thing.

icon_roflmao.gif

ROFLMAO!!!

Remember "Hightower" in the original "Police Academy" movie driving from the backseat of that Honda Civic?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned