• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

REALISTIC TRC 101B

Ryan Holter

Apr 30, 2017
northern MN
HI does anyone have any info on the TRC 101B hand held 23ch looking for a schematic have an old one that you can hear with head phones but not with the speaker. THANKS for any info

Pretty common problem: dirty or misaligned switch contacts on the jack. Normally, without the headphones plugged in, the jack's contacts close the circuit to the audio amp that feeds the speaker. Inserting the headphone plug opens that circuit and sends the lower-level signal to the cans (headphones). Open the radio up (unplugged, of course) and check out the operation of the phone jack. You'll be able to see the action of the switch opening and closing -- or trying to. If it's bent, you might find a "closed-circuit 1/4 inch phone jack" and just replace the old one.

Reactions: Ryan Holter
yep that is my base TRC 458 just recapped it and put in a new meter with green light and ch. display also green works great had contacts all over Canada and east coast and some down south very happy with it also herd a guy from Long Island, Bahamas but could not contact him today.( my handle is 383 northern MN) I was working on a hand held for my 10 year old son it has no sound but on headphones sounds good checked phone jack but was not the problem maybe I will recap it and see if it helps

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.