• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Realistic TRC-428 Ninescan schematic info

Lil'Yeshua

Nov 22, 2012
Pageland,S.C.
I have a 30 year old Realistic TRC-428 Ninescan CB Radio I bought new in 82'. It's been in storage for 25 years. I recently pulled it out of storage and it will only deadkey 2-2 1/2 watts am carrier but has a good modulation swing to it. I heard that caps go bad. I had someone turn it up 28 years ago. The things would swing backwards on it's meter. Also the modulation limiter resistors(R104&R90) are still in place but it will only modulate 70% even with a RF Limited Turbo Xtreme 2018 power mic hooked up. I have two questions. Is this radio worth saving and being fixed and does anyone know where to find a schematic for this radio? I 've searched and searched but it seems that this may have not been a popular radio. Thanks.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqFHJCUE9!GMpm93BPVb2ezZTg%7E%7E60_1.JPG
    $(KGrHqFHJCUE9!GMpm93BPVb2ezZTg%7E%7E60_1.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 35

another DTB patient?

:pop:Would anybody know why this radio has a low dead key. Also when in a mobile application,when I turn the engine off,the dead key drops to 1 1/2 watts,the meter light greatly dims and the receive gets a whole lot quieter. I've heard about the old glue on the pcb topic and the electrolytics. Why would the caps need replacing? Questions,questions,questions. Thanks for any wisdom bestowed!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.