• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Really dumb question.

georgewk

Nov 25, 2009
I am starting again with my FT-857D. Bought it two years ago and had to leave it for a while.

When I monitor our repeater at 146.955 all is well. When I try to transmit, the screen indicates LSB 7000 as the transmit freq. It should be 146.335 I think. What have I set incorrectly?

Help will be appreciated.

Is there a better place for conversation about the Yaesu?

Thanks, George AB3DM

I think you have the split function turned on. I don't have the manual in front of me right now, but check for Split first...it makes it receive on one frequency and transmit on whatever other frequency you told it to, even accidentally.

Mole thats exactly what hes got going on is SPLIT FUNCTION turn the selector on bottom left while watching the screen or display you will see function pop up then push the button below function and select off.

On VHF/UHF, I don't believe that radio will show the first two digits of any given frequency (147.050 would be displayed as 7.050).

No, it shows the whole thing for sure.

It's definitely a split option you have enabled to the OP.

Time to drag out the manual...I wind up doing it about once a year if I have to do something odd that I forgot about. Just did it recently to get skip/scan working and set up the remote function mic again.

It's a lot easier to program it with a computer to initially stuff it full of repeaters. The FTBasic software and ttl2usb.com cable work nicely.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.