• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

recievers

rfoverlord

guardian of freedom
Jun 1, 2005
daegaba system
is there anyone on the board using a all mode 2ghz + reciever? if so what kind ? looking for something to start listeng to milcoms, don't care about cell phones, but don't want a blocked recieve. thanks

I got one of those Icom ICR-20's.
It's all mode and the canadian version is unbolcked with a freq. span from 150khz-3.3ghz with all kinds of bells and whistles to play with.
I just love the damm thing.

I was fooling around on Google a while back and did a search for "SWL antenna" and got a whole bunch of good sites. I'd bet if you did a search on multimode radio scanners, you should get the same results. Use radio in the subject line so you don't get millions of computer scanner results.

reciever

What is a good Reciever to get to cover most frequencys that is good but not a lot of money??2 meter 6 , 10, 40, etc, and do you need a large antenna ??

i use the Icom IC-R3

nice reciever...
works great dispite how some claim otherwise..
when i first got it was amazed for it picked up cable channels off my black box cable box (the R3 has tv on it)
so was so sensitive even with crappy antenna it came with

ofcourse works much better with good antennas

the IC-R20 is great as well

Later

AOR receivers are good also. I just picked up an AR8600 U and the thing is sensitive. It is also expandable for digital with the release of their APCO 25 board. A little pricey if you want to just listen to the new digital systems (get the Uniden for that), but all-around-- it's a nice receiver!

Scanner

Thanks You know my son just gave me a RealIstic Pro 46 brand new, he has had for a while and it recieves 2 meter 440, 6,meter 10 meter, 50 54, MHZ, AND UHF, SO THIS WILL HOLD ME FOR A WHILE.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.