• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Have you heard the delusional echo king on 425 declaring it the weed channel? Talks as much as Hard Drive but sounds like he's taking into a cardboard pipe. Actually hurts my ears.
No my only radio that might do 425 is my Cobra 2000 with extra channels and I haven't been able to set down at that because of too much ( Prep ) getting ready for winter work and my neighbor would be the first to complain if I came over his computer speaker. So I limit the use of that until when he goes to work. My neighbors are a bunch of jealous whiners looking for a Free Lunch, but that is a LOOOOOOOOOOOg story. LOL

425 is a garbage frequency, along with 385. I avoid both channels like the plague and even removed them from my memory presets in my TS-140S.
About 90% of the idiots on the radio are on one or the other of those two frequencies.

Reactions: whiteastro
Fm is your friend!!!!
Yeah I probably need to explore FM more but need to learn the tricks or ins & out of that mode. every time I venture there I discover nothing but I'm sure I'm missing something. Maybe that is where my Lincoln II+ would shine if I get it's problems straightened out. I've decided I'm going to endure another dealing with Joby from President Radio to try to get it straightened out. I'd love to buy the couple for sale in here but I would be left with my Boat Anchor that my conscience wouldn't let me pass off on someone else. What channels on FM are hot and can my VFO in the Lincoln slide into Extra Channels in the FM Mode ?

What channels on FM are hot ?

Only frequency I know of on 11 meters with any amount of FM activity is 26.805 MHz. There's a fairly large and active group of operators there. I spent quite a bit of time on that channel a year or more back and it was a good group. There are folks in North America, Australia, New Zealand and Europe on there.
There is one idiot out of Texas who plays Hitler speeches for hours on end, so there is that.....but he's only a problem some of the time.
I have yet to hear any FM on the regular 40. I do occasionally hear operators above 40 in FM mode, especially out of Brazil, but it's not very common.
Only other FM I ever hear is all the asian fishboat traffic in the early evening. Their channels start at 27.5 MHz and go up from there in 25 KHz steps all the way through 10 meters and into the lower end of the 30 MHz band !

Only frequency I know of on 11 meters with any amount of FM activity is 26.805 MHz. There's a fairly large and active group of operators there. I spent quite a bit of time on that channel a year or more back and it was a good group. There are folks in North America, Australia, New Zealand and Europe on there.
There is one idiot out of Texas who plays Hitler speeches for hours on end, so there is that.....but he's only a problem some of the time.
I have yet to hear any FM on the regular 40. I do occasionally hear operators above 40 in FM mode, especially out of Brazil, but it's not very common.
Only other FM I ever hear is all the asian fishboat traffic in the early evening. Their channels start at 27.5 MHz and go up from there in 25 KHz steps all the way through 10 meters and into the lower end of the 30 MHz band !
Thanks I printed it out to try it out.

Reactions: BC Coyote
Anyone else have any luck with 16 this past weekend ? I only managed to make contact with 2 stations, 3820 Nevada and 1863 Pennsylvania, and heard one other WDX member (128).
I must have made at least 100 other callouts on the channel over the course of the day with no luck at all......

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
Anyone else have any luck with 16 this past weekend ? I only managed to make contact with 2 stations, 3820 Nevada and 1863 Pennsylvania, and heard one other WDX member (128).
I must have made at least 100 other callouts on the channel over the course of the day with no luck at all......
You did better than I with 2 contacts, I just had the QSO with you, thanks. I couldn't get hooked up with 1863 or 128 although I did hear them. I only recall hearing the 3 stations other than bleed over from AM.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
I connected with 945 and posts here indicate that some folks even heard me. Keep in mind that my base is 100% barefoot and untweaked, so Uniden Bearcat 980 with a Workman DM 502 base mic feeding an A99 with a FS99 tip. Performance is surprisingly good when Mother Nature cooperates and folks are on.

Make LSB 16 great again!

Fm is your friend!!!!
There is a GMRS radio group based in Miami that is about to launch their CB presence. Lots of the operators are also ham, but there is a push in the group to have a presence on CB because that is where they expect most radio operators to get started. The thinking is that they'll be able to instill good radio operating practices that will make CB better and carry on as the operator works his/her way up the radio licensing ranks. They are leaning towards launching their effort on FM.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ! :rolleyes::LOL:

That's a noble goal, but about 99% of the folks on CB have zero interest in improving their operating practices. In fact these days it seems like the opposite is true.
CB here in the Keys was never the mess so many of you in bigger cities describe. I know exactly what you mean because CB just up the road in Miami was a total disaster for the longest time, but I haven't heard much local CB traffic up that way in years.

Maybe the time for this effort is right? We'll never know if we don't try.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
CB here in the Keys was never the mess so many of you in bigger cities describe. I know exactly what you mean because CB just up the road in Miami was a total disaster for the longest time, but I haven't heard much local CB traffic up that way in years.

Maybe the time for this effort is right? We'll never know if we don't try.

Back in the late 80s thru the late 90s we had a bunch here in town we referred to as the welfare crew. They used channel 14 and were always fighting and arguing with someone. Yes, 99% of them were welfare folks who didn't work, but always had vehicles and big radios in their cars and at home. There must have been about 50 of them or so. Always causing drama with lies and bullshit. Always arguing and using 250 to 600 watts for local communications, wiping out many channels with slush box radios. Now.... there are two of us left with radios and we talk on Saturday from 8 til 11 pm. The band is completely dead all day, every day.

Fm is your friend!!!!
After our tread talk the other night about FM I decided today do a unscientific experiment with my President Thomas radio. I setup a small magnetic mount antenna in my kitchen window ( Good SWR ) and the Thomas radio. After figuring out again how to get it scanning the FM channels ( Haven't used it from last spring ) I let it scan all day the 40 FM channels and never once had it stop that I could catch it. Going to have to set it up on my base antenna and try it again when I'm going to be working inside all day for a better test. Carry On ! LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.