• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

26.805 fm
Made my first Florida contact on 26.805 fm today with my Lincoln II+ & KL-503. Was happy with the good report on my equipment from the operator. But can see there will be a learning curve as I stumble along with no training. LOL Like I forgot to turn off the ASC from when I was trying to scan.

Last edited:
Strange. I seem to remember the ASC was auto disabled on FM? But maybe I'm misremembering.
It seem like on my Thomas & Lincoln the only way I could get it to scan was if I put it in the ASC mode. If it was out of ASC it wouldn't scan the channels. But I am no expert by any means. It's learn as I go,wish some of these radio buffs lived close. And typing messages in here is tuff for a hunt and peck ( 1 finger ) typist. LOL

Drat I shall run down there and try lol I have this habit of being where everyone else isn't...update... my standard held true. No one heard me on 16LSB LOL

Last edited:
Had a short contact with WDX630 in IL a few minutes ago. We were both getting some QRM, but did manage to pull each other out to get call and personnel's. I had about 150 out of the Cobra
Good to make the contract with you as well. Stryker 955 & D104 into an old Palomar 4×mrf455 (350-400) out to a 20 yr old Imax 2K about 36 ft at the feed.
I will be calling on and off throughout the day on 16 lsb.

New LSB 16 Group Coming - Miami, FL area

It looks like a GMRS group out of Miami is going to take the plunge into CB as well. The story is that many of their club members started in CB and still have their gear. Their current plans are to designate a local (Miami area) AM channel and see what kind of momentum they build. If it works, they are looking at designating LSB 16 as their SSB club channel and then also finding an FM channel to designate.

These guys run a tight ship and would have something to offer "the make LSB 16 great again" push. I'll keep folks posted as information trickles its way down here to the Keys,

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.