• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

There wasn't much skip to be heard down here this past week-end. I heard a few Minnesota stations on LSB 38 yesterday (Sunday) afternoon. Traffic on LSB 39, 37 and 40 was very light. There were a few AM stations on 16.

I say we push for a December 23-24 LSB 16 skip week-end.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
There wasn't much skip to be heard down here this past week-end. I heard a few Minnesota stations on LSB 38 yesterday (Sunday) afternoon. Traffic on LSB 39, 37 and 40 was very light. There were a few AM stations on 16.

I say we push for a December 23-24 LSB 16 skip week-end.
Sounds like a good plan,I'm off Dec 22-25, taking a mini vacation to spend time with my Dad and get some hopefully good Radio time in with my WDX Brothers,etc hopefully the conditions will be cooperative!!

73's

Reactions: Eldorado828
Today, New Years Day was feast or famine.

At one point, the skip on AM 15 and AM 17 was bleeding over badly onto LSB 16. A half hour later, it would be gone...and so would the skip conditions on LSB 16. LSB 38 was the same - with the addition of the idiot who kept playing the Cars' Moving in Stereo every time he heard someone trying to shoot skip.

The skip has been pretty much dead since sundown.

During the day here in the MidWest I did try a few times to call on 16 LSB.

I did win a local auction on a Cobra 139 base radio. A whole whopping $12.50 lol. She looks to be in very good condition once it is cleaned from the dust. Looked to of been sitting inside a house for many years.

I do have two other 139 radios here, but not as nice as this one. Cobra 139 auction 2023.png

During the day here in the MidWest I did try a few times to call on 16 LSB.

I did win a local auction on a Cobra 139 base radio. A whole whopping $12.50 lol. She looks to be in very good condition once it is cleaned from the dust. Looked to of been sitting inside a house for many years.

I do have two other 139 radios here, but not as nice as this one. View attachment 67001
As soon as my antenna gets here I'll do my part to reclaim 16 for LSB & USB.

Back in the day when things were busy I would take the Browning up 10kc above 23. Or 20kc above 23. It caused a lot of confusion down on 23!
Another was to split channels. Talk on one and listen on another. You had to have a seperate transmitter and receiver.

As soon as my antenna gets here I'll do my part to reclaim 16 for LSB & USB.
I did get to work on the 139 some when I got it yesterday. Channel selector needed a cleaning and channels began working again lol. She ain't the loudest on SSB but enough to still be ok. I still might run the Kraco SSB De Luxe instead.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
There are some interesting weather systems working their ways across north America today. On top of that, the prediction for Dx propagation on 12-10 meters today is in the "Good" range. It looks like I'm going to have to give the Bearcat 980 and the A99 a chance for their voices to be heard today.

Make LSB 16 great again!

There are some interesting weather systems working their ways across north America today. On top of that, the prediction for Dx propagation on 12-10 meters today is in the "Good" range. It looks like I'm going to have to give the Bearcat 980 and the A99 a chance for their voices to be heard today.

Make LSB 16 great again!
I hope the propagation makes up for the 15" of snow I have remove today!!

It is 82 degrees here. No snow removal to worry about.

LSB 38 has been a mess since early this morning. LSB 40, 37 and 36 have also been quite busy. I'm hearing Maine, Nebraska, New Mexico, Maryland, Texas, etc. The skip is hopping! However, I haven't heard any stations on LSB 16. There have been a few AM 16 stations off and on and there has been some bleedover from both AM 15 and AM 17.

I'll be monitoring.

It is 82 degrees here. No snow removal to worry about.

LSB 38 has been a mess since early this morning. LSB 40, 37 and 36 have also been quite busy. I'm hearing Maine, Nebraska, New Mexico, Maryland, Texas, etc. The skip is hopping! However, I haven't heard any stations on LSB 16. There have been a few AM 16 stations off and on and there has been some bleedover from both AM 15 and AM 17.

I'll be monitoring.
We are on right now at 10:30 pacific

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.