• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Just a wall of noise S9+20dB here on 16 right now. A couple of seriously overmodulating AM stations making a big 'ole mess. I have to run some errands but I'll try again when I get back...........

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
Just had a nice QSO with a London, Ontario, Canada station. The QRM from AM15 and AM 17 seems to have dissipated. I can hear some stations calling DX, but none have signals strong enough to QSO with.

Many of you reporting contacts are stations I have been able to communicate with in the past. I'm going to be monitoring most of the afternoon. As DX propagation changes, I'm hoping to get to QSO with everyone.

Last edited:
Just barely hearing 898 in Kansas and can hear his QSO with another barely audible station that is in Northern California. Yes, that was me trying to connect with you.

There is DX propagation. We just don't seem to have enough stations out there taking advantage of it.

Just barely hearing 898 in Kansas and can hear his QSO with another barely audible station that is in Northern California. Yes, that was me trying to connect with you.

There is DX propagation. We just don't seem to have enough stations out there taking advantage of it.
Ahhh! Wish Mother Nature was a bit nicer to us so we could chat. Some time it shall work! :)

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
Same here Jeff. I just walked into the room to grab my soda and you were kicking butt S-20. BTW, I talked with you on my 12w ssb radio using my indoor mag loop antenna. So that was a double+ for me -
That's a great contact for the Mag loop@12 watts!
You were ploughing through a lot of QRM to do that.

Jeff

Someone is using data on 16
Nowadays, certain low power data devices are an approved use on the regular 40 plus the 'A' channels; at least up here in Canada. When skip is open to Central Europe or Asia I hear dozens of those both in and out of the regular band.
DX'ers in Europe complain about them frequently.
A well known one is on 27.550 from East Asia somewhere; makes that freq challenging here in the latter part of the day.
I predict they will become a big problem for DX over the next ten years or so, as will the never ending growth in the number and type of OTH radars (those eggbeater sounds with or without preceding beeps).

I tried calling on 16 a few more times after my two contacts this morning, but came up empty handed and went back up to my usual hiding places......

I made contact with a 421 in Toronto. Looks like my best side for DX was to the north. Considering the mess I heard on LSB 38, I was hoping we'd have a little more activity on LSB 16.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.