• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Recomend me where to send my rci 2950dx for tune/ repair

is it new,or use...if new send it back under war...i use to be a dealer,and sold many of them,and got a new one last yr and was doa...sent it back on a Monday,and they called on a Thurdsay and ask what i wanted on dk on AM/Fm and also pep on ssb and also cw...Got ut back on the next Monday...very good service...and all it cost was shipping,and very happy...73 de JW

Update: i did some fishing around and couple developments. Guy from dtb said he can prob fix it with alignment no problem . He then said its odd that it happened suddenly. 2 things here; i recently started using a d 104 desk mic which i had trouble getting to work properly. I git it working with new battery and getting gain/power settings right. Shortly after this the problem started. Fast forward to today, decided to replace a pl259 connectir on my jumper to amp( crimp connector with copper shielding showing in back) with a solder type amphenol. Fired it all up and d104 not working. Keys up a carrier but no audio when i talk. However, seems to be recieving on freq. 38 lsb according to read out. Stock mic works it fine. Definatly a prob with d104 and possibly the cause of entire problem? Seems odd. Im off to work now, ill check it tomorrow for recieve again but im thinking maybe the mic and possibly coax was the problem.

You said you were talking to a local that was right on frequency???

Maybe he's off and your not. I'd get a few more local contacts to verify the situation.

I did contact a couple, and they were talking to other states so i doubt everyone is off

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned