• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Refurbished Sencore CB42 Back In Action..

KD8HMO

Aug 3, 2008
Kalida, Ohio
www.protrucker.net
I got my old Sencore CB42 back from the repair shop a couple of weeks ago and finally fired it up tonight. I picked up a 10.000 mc crystal for my other signal generator that can be crystal controlled to test other counters with. The CB42 has a socket to test crystals and is showing this one at 10.00084. Not too bad?

20170209_214706.jpg 20170209_214555.jpg

I got my old Sencore CB42 back from the repair shop a couple of weeks ago and finally fired it up tonight. I picked up a 10.000 mc crystal for my other signal generator that can be crystal controlled to test other counters with. The CB42 has a socket to test crystals and is showing this one at 10.00084. Not too bad?

View attachment 20202 View attachment 20203
What repair shop did you take it to? I have 2 of these units in very good physical condition. Both of them just have the 000000000 in the frequency and they don't change off the zeros. Any ideas and feedback would be very much appreciated.

im curious where it was sent also!

I have one that i restored, and thank goodness i had a parts unit, because the parts in these things are HARD to come by.

the first step is to re-cap it, then go through the alignment procedure.
setting the power supply 10v output right at 10 volts is imperative.
then clean and lube all the pots and switches.
the manuals can be found online.

if those steps don't solve your issue, then you are going to spend all your upcoming free time studying the signal flow through these beasts in order to find your faulty component.
just hope it's a passive and not an IC!

mine was restored just for fun, but i really don't use it much and will probably end up selling it someday soon IDK.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.